TV Capture card

Playaa

My old video card had a TV Capture function built in but I never used it. My new one doesn't have any video inputs on it (that I can see).

I just got DVR for the first time and have a pc with a dvd burner sitting not 5 feet from the DVR.

So...I'm looking for a good TV Capture card I can hook up to the DVR/TV to burn programs I've recorded.

also I noticed that the DVR (I believe it is called the R15) has a USB port on the back...anyone know if this is useable?

also I noticed that the DVR (I believe it is called the R15) has a USB port on the back...anyone know if this is useable?

Port availability depends on your DVR model & firmware version. Google is your friend.

BTW, copying from your own backed up copy is not pirating. Under fair use, FCC mandates DVR companies allow for the offloading of a non-protected recorded shows (broadcast channels like CBS & NBC). Unfortunately the FCC doesn't enforce the ruling so some DVR companies don't enable the functionality.

• 2 weeks later...

I have an ATI HDTV Wonder card just lying around collecting dust. It isn't compatible with Windows Media Center edition, so I just bought the ATI 650 card.

Anyway, would you be interested in the card? I'd be happy to sell it to ya cheap. :)

Hey Unclean does that have the "Remote Wonder" remote control?

the "Remote Wonder" remote blows Preach...but if you're looking for one (i.e. just the remote) I can look through my old boxes. I had an All-In-Wonder that came with the remote and it's just sitting in a box somewhere. It's yours (if I find it).

Hey Unclean does that have the "Remote Wonder" remote control?

It does. The 650 came with a "mail in" offer, but I never mailed in for it (since I had one already). However, if you're looking for an inexpensive tv tuner card + a remote, let me know.