ipod fm transmitter

Magruter

I've been starring at one on yugster.com all day, it's a digicom. Whoever that is. You have be a registered member to see, but it's $26 bucks shipped. Which is the cheapest charging fm transmitter i've found.

O, if you want a good one, dont the small ones that just go into the Ipod. Ive found that the ones with less static are the ones with a dock and plug into your lighter thingy. Belkin makes some good ones.

I find the only ones that are worth it are the ones you plug into the cigarette lighter socket. The battery operated ones and the ones that run off your ipod's battery just can't put out a strong enough signal.

uh...you guys are all crazy.

I have the one made by Griffin Technology and it works wonderfully. Sure sometimes in specific areas out in the country I get static but basically it works awesome.

uh...you guys are all crazy.

I have the one made by Griffin Technology and it works wonderfully. Sure sometimes in specific areas out in the country I get static but basically it works awesome.

You mean the iTrip? It plugs into the cigarette socket...unless you get the dock. You have to understand that FM signals are touchy...yes the non-cigarette socket powered FM transmitter might work great for you because you are able to avoid stations broadcasting on your selected frequency, however that may not be true for everyone. This is why we make the recommendation to get one that plugs in, so Magsy doesn't run into any problems whatsoever trying to be a cheapskate.

Seriously if you want something good....get this...its the only headunit that allows for full speed control over your ipod...I have it and I love it to death, my ipod is always charged, safely tucked out of sight, never loses its signal, sounds great and I don't have to fiddle with the ipod to change songs, I just use the remote that came with the headunit...and best of all if you're not crazy about really loud music the quad 50w built in amp is more than enough to power your dinky factory speakers!

huh...I actually have the previous generation of iTrip (which is different from the iTrip Auto). It doesn't plug into the cigarette lighter.

The reason I can't stand the ones with the cigarette attachments is because my cigarette lighter is in a little drawer with the ash tray. The drawer can't handle the weight of most of the big FM Transmitters and when you have the drawer open this annoying little light shines up at you in the drivers seat (10 times worse at night).

(edited)
Seriously if you want something good....get this...its the only headunit that allows for full speed control over your ipod...

That is nice, but it is also $500. If he wants to go cheap, I doubt $500 is considered cheap for a number of people. (Mo, let's be friends, my b-day is past, but you can still send me something nice).

This is what I use, and I've gone through plenty of cities (Cinci, Pittsburgh, Atlanta, Columbus, etc) to say I've tested it well, and it works just fine. And yest, I know it is near $100, but it is the cheapest one I know of that will charge and broadcast well enough to recommend.

Edited by duma