Vavle and Steam :(

Windex

I admit i haven't been around too much lately, but it seems like valve is just doing everything they can to tinkle off their community of over 1,000,000 players.. DWP i hated, but thats optional and servers can change whether or not its enabled..

However they got much MUCH worse.. :(

Valve decided to implement ingame ads into cs 1.6 in 3 of the most played maps, de_dust de_dust2 and de_aztec.. this is just their trial run...

Soon they may be implementing it into source, and all other valve games including but not limited to Single Player versions as well.. and also any attempt to stop the ads or post in valves forums about how to disable will result in a BAN!

Sooo via cs-nation i found the following fix, Determine which ad server is feeding your adds and set it in your hosts files to your local host 127.0.0.1 :) then you may be able to figure out how to put your own pretty pictures up around the maps :) haven't tried it myself though!