Rap is crap

Guest ZDamage

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am going to have to agree with ZeroDamage, and Playaa here. Where do they get the right to go around calling each other "nigga" and then when you say something like, "Some people are uncomfortable with you saying that" they get all defensive and blame ME for what the masses did so long ago. I can't imagine why anyone would link me with a racist

gun, you shouldn't be the one that feels uncomfortable when a black persons says that to another one, its the demeaning word that OUR ancestors gave to theirs, and when they use it with eachother, why should you feel uncomfortable? Shame perhaps? if not it should be.

I have nothing to be ashamed of because as I stated, my family HELPED them escape slavery. I do not feel ashamed because I had nothing to do with slavery nor did my family, and I never said I took offense to the "N" word just never understood why it was ok for them to use it and not white people.

Gunny

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

stinger, do not confuse hip hop with rap, two different things. And you made my point. Those rappers that rap without the ghetto slang and dimeaning referrences to women do just as well. Who can deny Will Smith isn't one of the most successful today.

For the record, I do not hate all rap. I just hate the rap that sounds like a 12 year dum-dum is singing who never finished 2nd grade english. And they wonder why they are though so badly of.

Just imagine if some white dude started a tv channel called "WET" WHite Entertainment Television. WOW would there be an uproar. Nevermind that BET is the same thing, but aimed for blacks.

And Talent, you talk as though every black in the country deals with racism every day. What hogwash man. You must not think Whites get discriminated again, that is also not true. I was in the Navy, Black Chief. Hated whites, all the hispanics and black guys got treated good, allowed to attend the new schools, training etc, and no one cared, no matter who we took it too. Because if he was exposed as a racist or asked about it, then the person inquiring would have to be a racist. That is PC at it's best. Where I work now, got a guy, real nice guy, but he isn't qualified to clean toilets training new people on how to use computers and software. He is from some 3rd world country, cant remember the name of it, but he can barely speak English. The dude shouldb't be there, but he is there over me and a few others all because he is a minority. Affirmative Action in action. AA needs to go.

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

I hate the ones who just throw a bunch of slang out, talk about how much money they've got and whatnot, but thats not even a majority of it... :huh:

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
And Talent, you talk as though every black in the country deals with racism every day.

You talk like you actually read who posted what :rolleyes: Blacks deal with racism - do you think there aren't racists out there? Did I say "every black is discriminated against at least once a day..."? No, I said they get discriminated against based on their race even in today's world where some people are naive enough to think that racism is dead because they don't see it. Don't take what people say, make it extreme and then bash them for it. Or at least if you do, get the right person <_<

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

yup, wrong person. oh well, crap happens.

tape, you make it sound like every black deals with a white racist every day. we ALL deal with it at one time or another. But it doesn't matter if whites do. Just as long as the Blacks do not experience it and it is ok if they are racist towards whites. That is my point.

I didn't mean to make it an extreme and I did not bash you for it. =)

Please watch how you use certain words, i take offense when you just go slingin' around slang like that out of context. Also hate is such a stong word  Whata hypocrite.

oh, here comes the name calling. I can use the word hate anytime I wish. Yet I do not understand how I am a hypocrite. Please explain.

only thing I dislike about rap........

African Americans gets mad when we sterotype them in the poverty and being thugs. But just about every rap song they make, that is all they talk about. If they dont want that stereotype then they should find something else beside biotches and 40's

Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guest UberNewb
Guests

Here's what you're not getting, NOFX:

If you walk up to a rap artist that raps about life on the street etc. etc., and ask him if he dealt with drive bys and whatnot, he's going to say 'Of course!' hands down, no question. But if you ask a black coworker at the water cooler if he be ballin', he's likely to take offense. Just because rap is predominantly afrocentric, and a majority of rappers think they're gangsta, doesn't mean that all black people think that way... treat people like humans, not races, and we should be all set...

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
only thing I dislike about rap........

African Americans gets mad when we sterotype them in the poverty and being thugs.  But just about every rap song they make, that is all they talk about.  If they dont want that stereotype then they should find something else beside biotches and 40's

you admit to stereotyping people... and you expect them to be what? happy about it? Don't judge people without getting to know them first... better yet... don't judge people. :o

Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guest The Hurricane
Guests
stinger, do not confuse hip hop with rap, two different things.

How so?

For the record, I do not hate all rap. I just hate the rap that sounds like a 12 year dum-dum is singing who never finished 2nd grade english. And they wonder why they are though so badly of.
music isn't supposed to be proper, nice and neat. people use it to express themselves.

And Talent, you talk as though every black in the country deals with racism every day. What hogwash man.

Everyone deals with racism everyday. Not just blacks. Not just Whites. Not just mexicans.

I do my best not to judge people by the color of their skin. But we all do it. Some do it more than others. Some do it on purpose while others don't even know they're doing it. Either way, love everybody, and treat people the way that you wish to be treated.

Im not sayin I sterotype them!!!! Where did you get that from? when I said we, i mean white people in general. But everywhere you go you got the majarity of african americans against white people for stereotyping them. Whos is the one that put them in that position? Not whiteboys. We have done everything to take the sterotype away . But the rappers of the african american community still continue rap about things that would put them in that sterotype. Why do you relate "ballin" with the black guy? No white person has ever came up with that. You would be stereotyping him by asking him that. We have came a long way since slavery, we have done everything to take the sterotype away, but it seems like the black rappers keep adding to it. You see the african americans with high positions argueing how bad white people treat them....In any problem, always go to the source! Im just saying I believe its their own fault they are sterotyped, not ours(me being white) I really dont care about the whole thing, and im not racist, but when I see an african american complaining about equal rights, why do they automatically assume its the white mans fault?

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Im just saying I believe its their own fault they are sterotyped, not ours(me being white)  I really dont care about the whole thing, and im not racist, but when I see an african american complaining about equal rights, why do they automatically assume its the white mans fault?

And why do you atomatically assume it isn't? Generally speaking, people do not try to put themselves up to be stereotyped <_< Even if the rappers are doing what they do with the intent of being stereotyped :blink: that does not mean any other person of the same race has anything to do with it. If you're going to stereotype blacks based on what you see as their worst, why do you find it so bothersome that blacks might stereotype whites by our worst (such as the KKK)?

Even if people do put themselves up to be stereotyped, which I believe is bunkum, you are still the person stereotyping. They have no control over you - you have control over yourself.

And on a side note... good post cane :)

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
tape, you make it sound like every black deals with a white racist every day.

Does it have to be a white discriminating against a black? Discrimination is everywhere - I never said I don't think whites get discriminated against (reverse discrimination) but that was not germane to this topic. We weren't dealing with the fact that whites are discriminated against or not, but the fact that blacks and other minorities are.

I Didnt mean to cause a scene. I think you guys just like to argue. cuz your arguing things that im not even trying to discuss

And why do you atomatically assume it isn't?
Why do the white people sterotype black people? I don't know, but I can tell you that it doesn't help the black community by showing the typical sterotyped black guy on MTV.

Even if the rappers are doing what they do with the intent of being stereotyped  that does not mean any other person of the same race has anything to do with it

I dont think you understand what im saying.....Ill try once more

You see politically active african americans bashing white people for racism and sterotyping.....Ok, if the african american community does not want that sterotype, then its not helping them out by constantly showing the typical sterotyped black guy on MTV. Because for SOME white guys...that is all teh interation they have with the black community.

If there was a TV show with a bunch of homosexual white guys doing whatever, and all the african americans started sterotyping the white guy as a homosexual. I would not blame the african americans, I would blame the white guys that had the show! (that was all I was trying to say!)

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

People who think what they see on TV is real life need to get out of their house more often.

TV stations/shows will do what sells. Do people who watch MTV really want to see a sophisticated black male on the show over what you call a 'stereotypical black male'? I doubt it. The latter would more likely please the people that watch the show. MTV doesn't need to make sure we don't stereotype, we need to quit stereotyping on our own. I don't blame anybody but the stereotyper for stereotyping - they're the one doing it, they're the only one who has control over it.

Ahhh, my first trip back to this forum in 2 months and look at this thread. So full of hypocritical, nonsensical garbage spewing out of the uninformed or the ignorant.

#1. If you have to clarify that you are not a racist, you probably ARE a racist.

#2. Music is music in all forms. Trust me, you do not want to argue with me on this one. Just because YOU think it sounds like a 12 year old dum-dum doesn't mean that the next person does too. Music isn't meant to be neat, concise or even conformed to any form that any person might find pleasing except the artist. It is an artform. And you CANNOT explain art and come to an absolute.

You see politically active african americans bashing white people for racism and sterotyping.....Ok, if the african american community does not want that sterotype, then its not helping them out by constantly showing the typical sterotyped black guy on MTV. Because for SOME white guys...that is all teh interation they have with the black community.

If there was a TV show with a bunch of homosexual white guys doing whatever, and all the african americans started sterotyping the white guy as a homosexual. I would not blame the african americans, I would blame the white guys that had the show! (that was all I was trying to say!)

Do you base everything on what you see on TV? If not, do you approve of such behavior? Here's what you should do. Step #1. Don't believe the hype. #2, make your own decisions and not what is thrown at you by some show that is simply there to broaden stereotypes.

Anyways, I'll see you guys in this forum in another two months. Maybe there will actually be a decent DISCUSSION going on rather than ppl spewing absolute opinions with a closed mind.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests
Anyways, I'll see you guys in this forum in another two months.  Maybe there will actually be a decent DISCUSSION going on rather than ppl spewing absolute opinions with a closed mind.

Yes DJ, escape while you still can ;) -_-

lol, lay it on DJ.

i dont like rap. i dont like listenin to the gangsta rap (thats what it IS called.. so call it that) and i dont like listenin to the rap full of cusswords, or about 'girlfriends' or what have you. i DO however, like alot of the beats they use, and some artists have lyrics that i really get into. i work at best buy, and 50 cent (for some reason) is sellin out like crazy in sub-urban Des Moines. most of the people that come in are white, and id say most of the people who buy the album are white. and WHO CARES. its not about race.. its about the friggin music man. you may like the beatles and U2, go all out for em man, but not many black people do.. and SO FRIGGIN WHAT.

i have customers come in (black ones) and ask me to suggest movies for them. some of them say, 'You know, I want a good black movie." and i can easily think of quite a few. cause its a different culture, beleive it or not. blacks, whites, hispanics, indians (from india...) all have different culture, so ZD, i ask you this, where do you get the nerve to say that the black rapsters, after attaining their fortune, should conform the the "normal white society?' that is the most bigoted thing i have heard in awhile.

i must say ZD, you are a racist. you may not think you are, but after what ive read... i cant think differently.

Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guest [DOH]TaPe
Guests

Different races, different cultures, different upbringings... different people.

Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guest ZDamage
Guests

lol

There is a reason why Rappers are called "artists" and not musicians. 99% of them couldn't play an instrument if they wanted to.

Let's leave it at this. Gangsta rap is called that for a reason. I think it is crap. We can make this a racial thing if you want, it doesn't matter. Gangsta Rap to me is garbage, there isn't a positive thing about it. My posted article supports my opinion and you can call me whatever you want.