G.R.A.W. 2

boiler

Anyone else get this? I bought it last Friday, and although I haven't had much play time, I have been really entertained by it :D

I missed the first GRAW completely, so this is a newish experience for me (played the original ghost recon on PC, plus almost every rainbow six game)

I'm also considering getting Live gold in the next month or so, so I might be lookin to shoot it up multiplayer as well :D

too slow and methodical for you?

Something like that...I think these realistic shooters don't interest me because of the realism...I need to be able to take some bullets before dying...same reason I really dislike SplinterCell games...it's just me I think

too slow and methodical for you?

Something like that...I think these realistic shooters don't interest me because of the realism...I need to be able to take some bullets before dying...same reason I really dislike SplinterCell games...it's just me I think

I didn't like one of the Clancy games I played (I think it was a Rainbow Six) where I could shoot a "terrorist" in t-shirt and shorts four or five times and he wouldn't go down, but one or at best two hits on me (in Kevlar) and I'm out.

In general, though, I actually like those games. The original Ghost Recon was great, as were its expansions (I refer to the PC version) and I've always liked Splinter Cell...But I can see where the frustration would come from.

I've been playing R6: Vegas and man, it's neat, but if you can't quicksave they need to add many more save points. Nothing frustrates me more than clearing a whole area of baddies to get to a "situation" then flubbing it by nudging the "nipple" and opening the door instead of using the snake cam. For us casual gamers who aren't comfortable with console controllers, flubs cause a lot of heartache. That, and frankly, I like trying different things. I'd really like to jump back to a spot I just finished flawlessly and try a bunch of other things.

And for what it's worth, I like being able to take a bunch of bullets as well...Simply because I'm so bad at these games, I need that n00b-assist. How come I can heal my teammates for a minute or two after they fall, and I can heal them as many times as I want per level, but they can't be bothered to do the same for me?

Oh, and to stay on topic, I plan on renting GRAW 2. I played the GRAW demo, and was far more impressed with it on XBox 360 than on console, but I still like the original better. Is 2 pretty much the same game as 1, or are there major differences?

And for what it's worth, I like being able to take a bunch of bullets as well...Simply because I'm so bad at these games, I need that n00b-assist. How come I can heal my teammates for a minute or two after they fall, and I can heal them as many times as I want per level, but they can't be bothered to do the same for me?

Ok maybe I just didn't want to admit it.

As far as I've heard from friends GRAW2 definitely looks a bit better and is basically new content...

I have it, but have had zero time to play it. I've been so busy with work, school, and family lately. I think that all I have done is the tutorial and a mission the day I bought it.

I enjoyed GRAW 1 a bunch, and GRAW 2 adds some new support equipment and the full-size embed camera, or whatever they call it, so you can see the view from all your support elements and still give commands. It should really be called GRAW 1.5, because it isn't totally new. There are more multiplayer modes, a built-in clan tools, and the graphics have been improved a little. The smoke effects and explosions are pretty awesome. If you liked the first one you'll really like this one. They changed the classes a little - you can now be a marksmen - and they added or increased the effect of class bonuses. The weapon choices in MP are awesome too - quite a selection, with great sounds.

I wish it used the cover system from R6:Vegas though. The whole "sticky" cover thing is a pain.