Lake of the Woods this weekend!

Magruter

Today is going to be rough day!! After work heading to northern MN for some trophy northerns. Hoping to have some great pics up on Monday. Comeon baby!!! The guys i'm going with generally hook up with 4 or 5 northerns that are over 40" every visit.

Oh man I used to go there twice a year when I lived in MN. Actually we are organizing a trip when I come back from China in June (something I've been day dreaming about as of late).

A friend of mine owns a resort on Long Point where are you headed? Also the weather has been warm how is the ice condition?

The guys i'm going with generally hook up with 4 or 5 northerns that are over 40" every visit.

Boy I hope you're talking about fish...

I'm on the same page, my friend. o_O

I've been to Lake of the Woods before, but the Canadian side of it. Didn't do a lot of fishing (not really my thing) but it was lots of fun.

Made it back!!! It was a long and foggy ride back but we came back with smiles on :) The fish weren't jumping out of holes but the action was consistent. In 2 days 12 fish were caught 7 the first day and 5 the second. Smallest was low 20's and biggest was 41 inches! Conditions were crazy sunny the first day then foggy all day the second, you couldn't see 50 feet yet alone your flags. So it was a nice surprise every time you took a walk a saw one waggling in the breeze. It was a great time with a good bunch of guys, i'm looking forward to next year, but i'm staying all 4 days instead of 2!!! :)

First fish to start of day 2, and my fish. :)

firstlotwfish.jpg

Jimmy with a nice chunky mid-30's fish

jkomar.jpg

My buddy with another solid mid-30's he was the guy that got the 41 incher but i didn't my camera on me :(

mhorton35.jpg

Me with another solid mid-30's

me35.jpg

The second biggest fish of the weekend, 38 inch female!

jheb38.jpg

Just as the fog started to lift.

2nddayfog.jpg

Where i called home for 2 days.

basecamp.jpg

Just a bunch of dewds....

dewds.jpg