Fable 2

EbilDustBunny

Before the usual suspects come in here talking about how horrible Fable was, I'd like to say that I too am hoping this is a good game, however the thing about a dog is dumb imo...I'm not excited for this one bit after what happened last time...

I definitely liked Fable as well, however the things they promised would be in that game seem ridiculous after seeing the final product. I feel I have to assume they are doing the same this time around.

Some things they promised

* Planting trees and being able to watch them grow over the course of the game

* Admiring townsfolk who mimic the character's dress and style.

* Competing heroes who can actually beat the player to a quest.

* The ability to carve the character's name into a tree.

* A heroes guild in every town.

* The ability to vandalize all manner of public and private property (the example used was a sundial).

* The ability to have children.

* Finding a unique item called the "Singing Sword" by Peter Molyneux in an interview a few weeks before the game was released (the game had already gone gold).

* The ability for players to have their own personal unique weapon that could be upgraded and enchanted as to make it more powerful as they played through the game.

* NPCs with other NPC relatives (a given example by Peter Molyneux was a tester of the game had married the daughter of a rich town mayor. The player then killed the mayor secretly and ended up inheriting the mayor's wealth).

* The ability to become a were-balverine.

* A vibrant, living world where NPCs didn't have strictly scripted actions to perform each day.

* Freedom of exploration throughout the world of Fable, often labeled as "If you can see a place in the distance, you can go there".

* Open ended story

Many people could say Fable was open ended but it really only let you make a few choices.

What developers need to do, is not emphasize the main plot. Say you just begin a game with no story line (of course some character and world development) and force the player to discover the main plot themselves though sub-plots and side quests.

I didn't really read anything about Fable before playing the game, so I didn't know anything about what was supposed to be in a the game and wasn't.

Morrowind was a game that didn't really emphasize the main plot. A lot of people complained that there wasn't enough direction for the player. I didn't mind though.

I didn't really read anything about Fable before playing the game, so I didn't know anything about what was supposed to be in a the game and wasn't.

Morrowind was a game that didn't really emphasize the main plot. A lot of people complained that there wasn't enough direction for the player. I didn't mind though.

That's why morrowind was so great...but even then you started the game with the main plot as a quest (more or less)

It's tough to make a game where the main plot isn't the main focus. It would be like not having a main quest at all, and just a lot of side quests, some longer than others.

But do you see where I'm going with this? The ability for a player to never actually find the main quest? I know that for some gamers it would be a total turn off but I think for us diehards it would be great! I really think it's the future of games like Oblivion and WoW...where a persistent online environment meets deep singleplayer story line...ok ok...I think I might be daydreaming now

It's tough to make a game where the main plot isn't the main focus. It would be like not having a main quest at all, and just a lot of side quests, some longer than others.

You mean like a game about nothing? I'd totally be all about a Seinfeld RPG.

BTW, is this game going to be ported to the PC like Fable was?

The original Fable is playing on the 360 by the way. And it looks great on the 360 as well due to AA and AF working on it.

It does look a bit better but theres lots of little glitches and weird stuff going on when played on a 360...I'd say find it for PC, that's your best bet