hackers out of control today

Preacher

there were admins on and everything and nothing was done through two maps. 4:55-5:15CST obvious hacking by 3 people. They were even smurfing and using people's names like Mandown and stuff. Someone better clean up the place cuz we had a bunch of frustrated players who left today.

18:43:09 banid 0 STEAM_0:0:7905631
18:43:09 L 05/16/2007 - 17:37:53: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:0:7905631><>" was banned "permanently" by "Console"
18:43:11 banid 0 STEAM_0:0:5759464
18:43:11 L 05/16/2007 - 17:37:55: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:0:5759464><>" was banned "permanently" by "Console"
18:43:14 writeid
18:43:14 Writing cfg/banned_user.cfg.

From what I read in the chat logs and the smurfing, this seems pretty cut and dried.

If you've got demos, post them. One of these guys has been on and off registered with a CAL-O team for this upcoming season and it might be nice to see him banned from the league or kicked out of his clan.

(edited)

I was spec'ing, but I didn't know how to capture a demo :unsure:

I do now .... apparently all I had to do was type 'record blah.dem' in console and then 'stop' later on.

Hindsight, I shoulda logged off and found out how to do one, and then came back. It took less than 5 seconds to find the answer when I went lookin......bleah ... I will be ready next time. :bang:

One of the players .. John Kimble (I think I got his name right) had demos of atleast 2 of them. pH and scAr from dust2 and cbble ... he may have gotten demos on the next map as well, but then he got banned and didn't come back. So I dunno whats up with that. There was another guy named (heh) Undies that I think had demos also.

Edited by Bewildered

ok, i just tried to play the demo for scar and it get a dispcount does not match and then it gives me a win32 exception; from what i remember from the demo, it didnt show clearly he was hacking but the round or 2 before when i was speccing scar, he was going up the ramp on cbble and as soon as his vision gets over that flat plateau area, his screen just goes crazy and he gets a headshot, then he swings towards another direction, more craziness, and then another headshot

at the end (and if server logs chat messages, you'll find this) he said something along hte lines of: "if you dont like hax, then leave" which to me, is kinda self-incriminating

scar's player link:

http://gcftw.stats.nuclearfallout.net/player.php?id=26209

here's another link: http://69.221.180.211/hlstats/hlstats.php?...mp;player=30319

look at his headshots per kill, which doesnt fully prove anything but it defintely isnt good for him (91% on one map, 78% on another);

oh, i guess he's banned (didnt read above posts very closely) :)

another guy was 666 but i didnt get the steamids cause you said you got them bewildered :)

Edited by Undies