Legality Question

ConGregation

I have been using a site to watch TV programs. They are feeds, not downloads. Divx, so nice quality. It seems like this stuff is not being fought too hard as it seems like a lot of this stuff is around nowadays.

I didn't know the legality of watching a TV program that someone recorded from the public airwaves. It seemed kind of gray.

Then I look at their movie list. It's huge! That can't be legal, right?

I try to stay squeaky clean. Do I need to refrain from this site?

(edited)

Honestly i wouldn't worry man. You would know by now if it were a problem along with the other people using the sites like that. Also the site owner itself. Everyone on the net now days is breaking some kind of copyright infringement, that doesn't make it right, but they aren't worried about some small timer watching a few movies on his home PC.

You start downloading them and reproducing, then you are going to have some problems.

sorry to edit but i don't know the answer if it's actually illegal to stream them just for viewing.

Edited by All Kill3r

Guest Dr. Doom
Guest Dr. Doom
Guest Dr. Doom
Guests

I wouldn't worry about it..........Were all small fish........It has been my experience that it is really hard to police the internet.........I am the PIRATE KING....shhhhhhhh! And I have never run into any trouble. What your doing is hardly worth anyone's time....trust me! :biglaugha:

I didn't know the legality of watching a TV program that someone recorded from the public airwaves. It seemed kind of gray.

I try to stay squeaky clean. Do I need to refrain from this site?

general rule of thumb - if you can't watch it on youtube, it's probably not legal. from one of the faqs:

" Is this site legal? Don't make me call my lawyer.

We provide links, nothing is wrong with that. "

that's the same defense elitetorrents used, and look where it got them. not exactly bullet proof or legitimate.

if you want to stay squeaky clean, stay away from these sites.