Dark is almost gone

(edited)

Very little has been added by the gc UT2004 community lately.

We must all be coming to grips with Dark's embarkation from GC community. Dark will soon be off to camp to teach young ones proper music appreciation. We will sorely miss him. His presence is always felt on the field. Multi dodges, shock combos (I HATE THEM), driving over people, etc. Just yesterday he was

protecting me from Bushwack.. Many a time Bushwack was about to administer the "coup de gras" to me, that Dark comes out of nowhere and deals Bushwack a mortal blow. My hero will alas be gone.

He is going to miss us. He has started his personal ut2004 Cold Turkey. He plays but does not communicate on ventrilo or make any input other than typing gg or fragging multiple people. He is clearly trying to come to terms with a summer without UT2004 and doesn't want us to hear him crying.

We gc members should offer as much emotional support as we can as he goes through this trying time and the summer he faces in the future. Possible ideas are dvds of our scrims that he can play on dvd players. I already though of a few titles "GC implosion on UT Ladder" or "Multiple ways that MaDPaT is killed on UT2004" to lift his spirit. We could send screenshots of how good be look facing adversaries without Dark. These a just ideas, but I think Dark is worth it.

Edited by MaDPaT

Lex
(edited)

I totally agree with you Madpat. Dark has not only made a huge impact on TWL, but our whole team as well. Looking forward towards Dark's return.

BTW Dark, your GC inbox is full...

Edited by Lex

(edited)

WOW! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it. I absolutely love playing with you guys, and wouldnt have traded this clan for any other. I definitely didnt pick this clan so that I could always win, but because of the great guys I got to play with (our winnings were a sweet bonus though). I'm just sorry it took me so long to make up my mind and join!

I've got 2 days or so left of fraggin' then I'll be out to camp this coming saturday. I might be back for a couple weekends in June, but then I'm giving my pc to a friend for the summer come July. GL if you have any matches in the future, and woop some tail (especially Wentz's)!

btw, Lex, thanks and problem solved... I never bothered to delete any pm's :)

Edited by DarkArchon

Gl out there at camp... the only two camps I can picture are:

Fat camp with that big inflatable thing on the water

the camp from solute your shorts.. w/ donkeylipz (hockey reruns probably aired instead of this show up there)

Hopefully it's not like that out there.. oh and don't go paintballing those kids will pwn you

Hurry back we need ya for TWL like the dogtrack needs a mechanical rabbit!

Geez!

Dark's Target is going to miss the Dark one. <_<

Watever happens, have a great time! We'll still be here!

And who knows - maybe a new version will be out when you get back :lol2:

Leaving? Never knew...so this is what happens when my internets take a dump for 6 weeks.

Geez...

You aren't quitting the clan are you?

How long is camp?

I imagine you are gonna come back for the fall and UT3 and all that right?

Hmmm...music camp is a worthy cause, but...dang, UT?

(edited)

I'm leaving 'cause I dont like Tek.

Hahaha! Ok, I'll just make it official here so everyone can have the details:

I'm heading out on Saturday (2 days from now) to go to camp. It's not a music camp, though I'll probably play some music out there. It's a kids bible camp and I'm in charge of all the maintenance that goes on there, including the maintenance crew. I am not quitting GC, I love GC! I just wont be able to play until around the end of August because the only thing we have out at camp is dial-up. I might be able to make it on the forums now and again to see how GC is climbing the twl ladder, but so much for gaming. I'll be around again at the end of August, and for the next 2 nights, but after that it's ta ta to y'all.

It's been fun, and dont worry, it'll be fun again...

Edit: I do atually like Tek. Especially his rants on vent.

Edited by DarkArchon

(edited)

K guys I'm out. I made a little wmv file with microcrap movie maker (that program is a piece of work!) and uploaded it for y'all. H just has to toss it to the demo folder. It's based on our last hurrah and pwnage in Crossfire against T5K. Anyway, catch ya on the flip side.

Edit: for anyone curious when they watch it, i forgot to mention - music is by Dragonforce.

Edited by DarkArchon

K guys I'm out. I made a little wmv file with microcrap movie maker (that program is a piece of work!) and uploaded it for y'all. H just has to toss it to the demo folder. It's based on our last hurrah and pwnage in Crossfire against T5K. Anyway, catch ya on the flip side.

Edit: for anyone curious when they watch it, i forgot to mention - music is by Dragonforce.

Dark's movie ROCKS!!! :luxhello::luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello: :luxhello:

It's on the demo server in the Movies folder.

A shame he has already taken off because he really did a great job.