Campground

Windex

I recall you all saying there was a campground near by? If you could post some more info that'd be grand! i plan to come up early to hang out with everyone since I'm overdue for a vacation. Rather than paying absurd rates for a hotel for 5 days I'm going to camp out and bring a cooler of some wonderful beverages :)

Anyone wanting to join me is more than welcome I have a six man tent and some small brass padlocks to lock it as well.

I'm sorry, and I'm not trying to sound rude, but this kind of dumbfounds me...

Tents are made out of a vinyl-like material, right? Now, even if you locked the door at the frame... its still made out of a light material that can easily be gotten into if need be, right? Or is this some kind of uber-strength tent?

Aaah, but the theory is, that people who would be likely to steal your stuff wouldn't camp, since they'd assume that people would steal their own stuff. In practice it works very well. Many, many years of camping, never had anything messed with, and we routinely leave the campsite unattended for hours at a time.

Oh, and modern tents are usually made out of nylon, or something like that. With mesh netting for windows. Quite burglar proof. :smillie_smilling:

The theory is that the great majority of people that would steal something from a tent would only do it if they could get in and out without visually breaking in. Same reason you put locks on cabin/shed/garage doors up north. With the lock on there only true asshats would steal something.