E3: Steve Polge interview with sane community questions

Flitterkill

http://www.beyondunreal.com/content/articles/198_1.php

I greatly worry about the "one orb per team" bit - granted, we have no idea what is really going on but I keep getting visions of Larry the DBag, amateur game killer, grabbing mister one and only orb and going on a site seeing trip somewhere on the map. Wish that question was asked...

-Fk

That is a scary thought actually. The more I read these articles the more I can't help but wonder if when this hits--- its gonna be confusing for a bit.

Should be very interesting as a whole though, really sounds like its gonna rock!!

GC Board Member

Well, after mulling it over, and seeing how they are adding in deployables, and event based pickups, I wonder - perhaps the orb is a spearate mechanism to linking the nodes?

Meaning, linking nodes and building is all the same as ONS, but, if you have the one team orb, you can, with it, take a node over completely instantaneously (rather than having to shoot it down) and also, you can use the orb to "lock the node" - period.

*That* would make for some interesting game play - still might have Larry running away with the orb, but since it is more of a super cool item rather than an absolutely essential item, then it wouldn't be so much killing the team as it would be just slightly harming.

Could live with that.

Also, Larry's full name is Larry McDooochebag (with a strong Gaelic pronunciation) - I know someone will ask that eventually...

-Fk

Well, after mulling it over, and seeing how they are adding in deployables, and event based pickups, I wonder - perhaps the orb is a spearate mechanism to linking the nodes?

Meaning, linking nodes and building is all the same as ONS, but, if you have the one team orb, you can, with it, take a node over completely instantaneously (rather than having to shoot it down) and also, you can use the orb to "lock the node" - period.

*That* would make for some interesting game play - still might have Larry running away with the orb, but since it is more of a super cool item rather than an absolutely essential item, then it wouldn't be so much killing the team as it would be just slightly harming.

That's what it sounds like... almost like the orb is a "reverse redeemer", instantly bringing the node up. So imagine holding both... you could bring up a node with the orb and knock down their primary with a redeemer in under 2 seconds.

Hey, is GC going to enable orbs if that's the case?

GC Board Member

If so, my bet would be yes as it isn't a respawning weapon - each side has one and just one - reusable yes but one must carry the thing rather than launch/guide it. Be interesting to find out what happens if you kill the orb runner - does it sit on the ground waiting for a teammate? Respawn at base? I doubt the other team can take your orb... All speculation at this point...

-Fk

sounds like a ps3 trick to me... since they are going to get owned continuously by PC gamers they need something to fall back on.... here noob take this orb and go blow something up, and stop crying you bought that thing not us.