remember those 5 toe socks?

EbilDustBunny

• 4 weeks later...
I hope you smacked him

his arm was the size of my torso, it didnt seem like a good idea at the time, although the thought had crossed my mind death didnt seem like it was worth it right then

It was a guy? I refuse to believe this...is all hope lost?

TOMATOES!!! YOU DO NOT WANT TOE SOCKS!!! Oh we're all doomed...

first, this thread was supposed to be "lost" in the mysterious server trouble. hell, it's the whole reason i staged the mishap.

second,

I hope you smacked him

his arm was the size of my torso, it didnt seem like a good idea at the time, although the thought had crossed my mind death didnt seem like it was worth it right then

It was a guy? I refuse to believe this...is all hope lost?

TOMATOES!!! YOU DO NOT WANT TOE SOCKS!!! Oh we're all doomed...

why is it so surprising? it'd be one thing if this sighting was somewhere in the states, but it's totally feasible oh yer side of the border.

why is it so surprising? it'd be one thing if this sighting was somewhere in the states, but it's totally feasible oh yer side of the border.

I'll concede your point...however I can guarantee there's more men in the US wearing toe socks right now then there are in Canada, consider that!

(edited)

I want a pair! they'd be awesome for bouldering/creek walking/fishing.. oh waiiiittt I'm the only outdoors man in this community i forgot :bang:

****begin science content******

The ability for each toe to move independently provides for AWESOME balance far beyond what you get when you're wearing shoes.. if you notice the pinky toe is beginning to get smaller and smaller as the generations go on. this is because the use of the shoe provides balance and you don't need your toes as much.. evolution at work!

****end science content*******

Edited by Windex

I want a pair! they'd be awesome for bouldering/creek walking/fishing.. oh waiiiittt I'm the only outdoors man in this community i forgot :bang:

****begin science content******

The ability for each toe to move independently provides for AWESOME balance far beyond what you get when you're wearing shoes.. if you notice the pinky toe is beginning to get smaller and smaller as the generations go on. this is because the use of the shoe provides balance and you don't need your toes as much.. evolution at work!

****end science content*******

1 - Never ever expect to be respected as a man again. =P

2 - Mags is an outdoors man. (at least that's where his wife sends him...ZING!)

Just the thought of each of my little piggies in their own little socks gives me goose bumps...I don't know how you could even consider wearing these things!

rofl. what's the last 14 you summited? i claimed mt. whitney in '06. i used to winter hike mt. tallac, jake's peaks, and dick's peak in tahoe on weekly rotation, too. we'd summer trailrun 5 lakes in flip flops.

and none of us, NONE of us would be caught dead with those cupcake looking things. then again, we're not extreme walkers

Im with sj on this one. I was really disappointed to see this thread come back to life after the server crash.

btw they wouldn't work for me, my second toe is longer than my big toe.. Oh if you guys think these are cool, I just got a great idea. I will make these shoes with the toe tips cut out. You know... like those rad gloves from the 80's!

*makes it 10x easier to rip off a toenail*

These would be the only ones I'd actually wear..

https://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/.../112//large.jpg

Neutral color.. they are very similar to climbing shoes with the exception of the separated toes.. but unless u'd have a need for them yes they would suck. i spend alot of time climbing and walking the rivers near here. those would be awesome to use when fishing in the rapids.. good solid grip and not to heavy.. better then being barefoot and tearin your feet up!

https://www.vibramfivefingers.com/products/index.cfm weird, neat, or just a silly idea?

Silly idea. If you want to go barefoot, go barefoot. If you need protection for your feet, get protection. I can't imagine you have enough freedom of movement with that sole to allow you actually get much of a benefit from your toes anyway, though since I haven't actually worn one I can't really tell. The pictures make it look more cosmetic than utilitarian, though.

Unless they were some kind of fourteen-foot tall atomic Kevlar socks with lasers for eyes! (in a poor Professor Farnsworth voice)