Thinking of selling gaming rig

boiler

(edited)

As per my other post, I'm thinking about selling my gaming computer that I have put much blood, sweat, tears, and money into.

Without rehashing everything from my previous post, I am having a hard time justifying having it right now since I haven't played a game on it for quite a while. I'm not 100% certain I am going to sell yet, but I'm about 98% sure I am.

The case, PSU, DVD-RW, and video card are all new from this spring. The rest was purchased in fall '06.

Specs:

Antec P180 Case (Silver)

Asus P5B

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.4GHz

COOLER MASTER RR-LCH-P9E1 92mm UFO CPU Cooler

2x1GB Corsair ValueSelect @ 667MHz

Antec NeoPower NeoHE 550 ATX12V 550W Power Supply

EVGA 640-P2-N825-AR GeForce 8800GTS 640MB 320-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SUPERCLOCKED

Western Digital Caviar SE WD2000JS 200GB 7200 RPM 8MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

LITE-ON Black 20X SATA DVD Burner

It would come with a fresh, activated install of XP with CDs (including the 64-bit XP version as well), original motherboard box with accessories, all video card accessories (I also have original box for it as well), and driver/software CD for the DVD burner. No other software would be on it. I do have a few games that I would be willing to sell with it if interested.

This thing is screamin' fast as is, and if you throw some proper gaming RAM in this thing, and it would be an absolute beast for 95% of gamers out there. The P180 case is notoriously difficult to build in and do a neat job, so you would also be benefiting from my hours of painstakingly planning and putting it all together into this case. I have hidden the vast majority of the cables behind the motherboard tray, so it's a clean install :D

I'd like get $1250 shipped for it. I have the original box for my P180 case that I would use to ship it securely.

I can't accept paypal due to the price, so if there are any serious buyers I can discuss payment options with them.

I will retain the right to not sell if I change my mind in the coming week, but I can't see that happening right now.

If anyone may be interested, please let me know. I'd like to give this baby a good home within the community!

Edited by boilersax

Im not trying to hurt your sell, but your probably asking to much. its hard to get your money out of a computer built for gaming.

example. I just upgraded my comp to a e6550@2.33Ghz(1333 bus), 2x 1gig DDR2 800, gigabyte p35 mobo. It cost $350. or would be $475 if you included the 7800GT that I already owned.

good luck.

I had a feeling some would find it high. I know I could get some schmuck on ebay to give me more than that.

I think I may have it sold to my friend though for $1100. If it falls through in the next week or so, I'll make it available to you guys again at that $1100 price. can't go any lower to be worth it.

I had a feeling some would find it high. I know I could get some schmuck on ebay to give me more than that.

I think I may have it sold to my friend though for $1100. If it falls through in the next week or so, I'll make it available to you guys again at that $1100 price. can't go any lower to be worth it.

people are stupid on craigslist and ebay too :)