GunGame

Bewildered

Gun game, love it or hate it?  

23 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I am so sick of gungame. Do we really need to waste every thursday with this nonsense? I'd much rather play good ol objective based counterstrike. If people want to play death match on thursdays, why don't they just join a UT server -- CS is supposed to have team objectives.

Edited by anonymo
added the "We like it, just not every Thursday" option

+ doesn't GG night usually have a pretty full server?

- i usually pub on other servers on GG night. i don't really like customs, and i'm not a big fan of game mods, so GG night is a double whammy.

but doesn't GG usually have a full server?

- i usually pub on other servers on GG night. i don't really like customs, and i'm not a big fan of game mods, so GG night is a double whammy.

but doesn't GG usually have a full server?

Isn't the server full on every other non GG night anyway?

GG Every couple of weeks would be plenty.

I too play on other servers on Thursdays.

i guess maybe ive been not keeping up enough on changing maps. still tho, there's always such opposition to GG even when the reserve slots are being taken up. there's def high traffic for GG, lots of regulars too. whatever tho, there's always a ton of ppl who have a prob with it. if there's not much support for it ill take it down and we can just play gg whenever we feel like it if the server is dying or something.

for the record tho, i never really understood why there was so much whining about it. most of the ppl who whine end up playing it anyways.

i guess maybe ive been not keeping up enough on changing maps. still tho, there's always such opposition to GG even when the reserve slots are being taken up. there's def high traffic for GG, lots of regulars too. whatever tho, there's always a ton of ppl who have a prob with it. if there's not much support for it ill take it down and we can just play gg whenever we feel like it if the server is dying or something.

for the record tho, i never really understood why there was so much whining about it. most of the ppl who whine end up playing it anyways.

Look at SJ's reply...people don't like not having the maps memorized because it means they actually have to use their skill instead of exploiting the map. It's the same reason people dislike mapnight, it's not dust2, they feel insecure with their skills so either don't show up or whine.

Like what I did there Juan? =P

i'm failing to process the canadian logic, but i'll give it a crack.

i don't like poorly designed maps that have no flow, no real objective, and feel like they should have been bundled with q3a instead of cs:s. and CMN, it's just not for me, kinda like bose-hating-scared-of-mac-canucks.

like what i did there Eskimo? =)

I dislike it because it devolves into deathmatch except you can't shoot your teammates. No strategy, everyone runs off in every which direction. Horrible maps. No teamwork, can't rely on a teammate. Have to watch every direction at once for enemies. Go 16 rounds with the same damn weapon -- finally get a kill only to have it knifed away back to the original junk I started with. Teammates steal your kills -- don't know how many times I've had 70+ damage on someone only to have the kill stolen -- and it never gets better, its the same damn thing every Thursday.

Oh, and did I mention its frustrating? And I usually show up and play still, but only because I want to play with you people.

I've been out playing frisbee like a dirty hippie most Thursdays, so I haven't played GunGame much in several months. This is the opinion of someone who has no idea what's going on.

GunGame could and maybe should be moved to another night to give a different look. Some people can't play CS a couple of nights a week, and some people can only play CS a couple of nights a week. Moving would open Thursday back up for people who can't play much the rest of the week, and give a look to people who can't play on Thursday.

Cutting to semi-weekly or some other arrangement is probably not the way to go. Better to either stay with every week or go onto hiatus.

26 players might just be way too many for GunGame. If you're holding a mac10 and the leader's got an m4a1, the odds of catching up before five or six of your twelve teammates get killed by the leader seem pretty dismal. I'm not up on the recent maps that are floating around, but most of the maps designed for GunGame that I remember are pretty small and have no real layout (all the fighting takes place in one area), making them in my mind unsuitable for more than 8x8 teams. Unfortunately, it's not clear whether medium-sized no-objective maps have a place in a game where players try to win by ambushing each other.

I dislike GG, and go pub whenever it's on. I strongly agree with Bewildered about if you don't get a deagle kill early on, you're toast, unless you're a super 1337 player. I'd rather play on some random de_dust 24/7 pub than GG on GC servers that I help pay for.

Just one more opinion on the matter.

BTW, I loves CMN because I like to check out new maps, and because unless there's something drastically wrong with a map, most of the people seem to have fun with it. (noted by the fact that it's been a steady part of GC for a few years now)

• 2 weeks later...

I happen to rather like GG. I'm not saying that I don't like regular objective based play but shaking things up a little every now and again is a good change of pace. It pulls in a different crowd of people than I usually see on the server and new people always mean either new players who kill me or new players that get killed by m2 while I watch, which is never a bad thing.