Jack Thompson

Saris

What do you think of Jack Thompson?  

34 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Self-explanatory.

I appreciate his intentions, but he goes about it completely the wrong way. COMPLETELY. I usually don't like to insult people's intelligence cause I'm no Harvard grad myself, but I vote epitome of stupidity. Do I really need to link to some of the things he e-mails to game developers and site hosts?

I voted stupidity only because of his methods. Like, when I look at Gears of war and Resident Evil 4 with blood spattering all over the screen with the chainsaws, I kind of just shake my head. I don't find it gross, I don't find it cool, so with all the hassle developers get over it, I wonder why they even bother. Cause you really have to ask yourself whether the amount of violence in a game is really a selling point at all? Both the games in my example still would've been amazing without the excessive violence. But like I said, just completely the wrong way and against the wrong people.

I like the Uwe Boll comment, too. I lol'd.

I voted stupidity only because of his methods. Like, when I look at Gears of war and Resident Evil 4 with blood spattering all over the screen with the chainsaws, I kind of just shake my head. I don't find it gross, I don't find it cool, so with all the hassle developers get over it, I wonder why they even bother. Cause you really have to ask yourself whether the amount of violence in a game is really a selling point at all? Both the games in my example still would've been amazing without the excessive violence. But like I said, just completely the wrong way and against the wrong people.

I like the Uwe Boll comment, too. I lol'd.

What? BLOOD! WE NEED BLOOD! Seriously, more blood please.