Moving to Vancouver, BC

DNA

I am look for some information on places to move and live in the area. Looking for good prices and not in the city if I can help it. I am now the coast area, so I am not sure what is a good part of town. Thanks for the info...

I am look for some information on places to move and live in the area. Looking for good prices and not in the city if I can help it. I am now the coast area, so I am not sure what is a good part of town. Thanks for the info...

Before you told me Vancouver Island, I'm confused. But here's Vancouver:

LowerMainlandMap.gif

EVERYTHING in Vancouver/Burnaby is expensive. Little shacks downtown can cost a cool million.

North Van is the most expensive.

You could look at Coquitlam, Maple Ridge, Langley, or Abbotsford. Prices lessen the further away you are from Vancouver.

"The average selling price of a single family home for July, 2007 was $424,944 in Abbotsford."

I don't know if you want the big house, or the small condo, or basement suite, or whatever.

But you have to look at this map and decide how far you want to be out for a daily commute.

It can go from 45-75 minutes from Abbotsford depending on traffic.

But they are in the process of 'twinning' the Port Mann Bridge, which goes from Lower Fraser Valley into Vancouver. This will definitely lower traffic.

DNA shoot me a PM if you need any info.

Hint for Vancouver,B.C. noobs: STAY OUT OF GASTOWN AT NIGHT. That place is filled with the homeless and hookers.

Some of the denizens of GC might like that kind of company!

*points at M2 and Anonymo*

:)

Yeah anonymo is from Toronto, he'll fit right in with the Vancouver homeless crowd.

Why would you by a buick to start with?? :)

Thanks for the the information Jester. I still am not sure if the location will be on Vancouver Island or in Vancouver. If it ends up being the Island then I would assume victoria would be the plave to live being that there is really nothing else.

I should know so if we are going to take this offer once the final details come in.

Cheers