greasy dago

Camel Jockey

Semen Hose

SUCKADICK

Nuggz's fluffer

Charli has aids

what what, in the butt

there's more, but what's the point?

tookey can post, i just sent a password reminder to his akatookey@gmail.com account. if he can't post atm, we can wait, there's no real rush. i'm pretty sure we've already used up the roommate card, and if not, "Tookey, I dont care if i stack" (36 uses) is the fallback.

He want's to know what his ban sentence is for using past names that he was warned for getting banned for, then changing them after an admin said something, and now all of a sudden being banned for using Tookey in game for 2 maps straight.

And he doesn't believe that the stats page is correct on how many uses those names were recorded. He is positive some that were used were only used 1 time for maybe 1 round.

Edited by NorgmaN

Interjecting is bad, however, to help clarify here.

We do allow a bit of latitude away from GC servers, but at the same time, if we look at the names a person is using away from our servers and they ain't nothing we'd cotton to around here for even a micro-second, why would we want to have them as part of the community? Hell, what happens when folks we know trace a source ID and come back to us laughing at our "standards" after looking at those names?

The names used on that account are filled with racist, homophobic, misogynistic crap (and more) - what am I missing here?

-Fk

I understand the viewpoint on using ethnic slurs and harmful words in names. However, with most of these I used them in scrims and just forgot to change my name afterwards...evidently that counts as 3 uses. I remember using greasy dago...it was after watching (http://www.metacafe.com/watch/191156/snl_celebrity_jeopardy/) and I changed my name to it with an admin in the server. I wasn't told to revert it till a few days later, and I did immediately without question. I was using Blackie Chan to make fun of xt.Jackie Chan after he killed me a few times, it was intended as harmless fun, but I can see where someone would think it was a racist term. I personally am not racist, nor carry any illwill to any group of a particular people, but I can see how using names like that might show otherwise. I personally identify with the ideals of affirmative action on my campus @ Umich, and identify as an LGBT ally. I even voted no on prop 2. My philosophy on slurs is that they only hurt as much as you let them, and I feel that in our modern day society we are forgetting how to have fun and only focusing on being Politically Correct. I have always felt the anger and hurt behind racism was always much worse than the racist slurs, and that actual racism was the problem, not slurs. To quote Oxford English racism is "The theory that distinctive human characteristics and abilities are determined by race." However, I can clearly see now how that view differs from other peoples'.

Anyway, my views on the matter are irrelevant. I see where I was wrong, and I understand how another person looking at my stats page would feel about it. I will avoid using slanderous terms in any kind of internet setting in the future, including scrims, forums, etc. I am very sorry for my actions, and can assure you with the utmost truth that this will not happen again.

In conclusion, a) I understand the GC admins viewpoint, and while I disagree I will follow the rules; B) Any time an admin has warned me about the rules I complied immediately, and anytime I accidentally joined the server with a leftover name I changed it immediately; c) I am 100% sorry for my actions in using these names that are seen as offensive by other people; d) It will never happen again; e)I have never intentionally hated or wanted harm on any group of people, though I do feel jokes about them are sometimes humorous. Regardless I will avoid jokes like this in the future.

If you do choose to keep me banned I understand, and although I will miss the community here, I will go ahead and find new things to do with my time.

Otherwise, if it is possible to reset my stats will that reset the name counter? I can also just play in GC on a different steamid.

P.S. That name counter is terrible, any name I used for under 10 seconds got used 3 times, any name I used for 4 maps got used 20 times.

A couple days ago, I recall you changed your name to something I found offensive, so I told you to change it back. Yeah, you changed it back. But if I were a tough admin, I would've banned you right there. You responded to the warning, but you've been around long enough that a warning shouldn't have even been necessary. You just don't know when to stop pushing the limit.

I can't speak to anything else; and I'll leave my opinion out of this. So this is just a statement of fact.

A few days back ... maybe on the weekend; not sure. I saw someone connect with an unacceptable name; I believe it was what what, in the butt. Before they even played a round, they changed their name to Tookey. I'm pretty sure the map was cbble.

I can't speak to anything else; and I'll leave my opinion out of this. So this is just a statement of fact.

A few days back ... maybe on the weekend; not sure. I saw someone connect with an unacceptable name; I believe it was what what, in the butt. Before they even played a round, they changed their name to Tookey. I'm pretty sure the map was cbble.

name leftover from a scrim, forgot about it, changed it back immediately

I used to have name "Tookey" in my autoexec, but when i reformatted I forgot to re-add it, and I never thought it was a big deal, but I guess after this it is.

I have been warned about the name I used twice, maybe three times in my history here. If thats too much, my bad. I assure you most of these are accidental, or I thought it was ok, and was later told otherwise.

Edited by tookey

Tookey, I just wanted to thank you for being respectful in asking for your unban. I understand that getting banned has a tendency to really tick a person off, and you've done nothing but try to present your side of things and have apologized without qualification. Just wanted to let you know that it's appreciated, and it's EXACTLY what is said to do in the how to get unbanned thread.

So thanks, and keep it up--just so you know, when you present things in that way, it never falls on deaf ears. Just keep in mind not to abuse things if you can avoid it. In other words, don't act all cudly now, then later turn into a psycho-path that blames everything on everyone else, can do no wrong, and DEMANDS being unbanned right this minute.

:peace:

Thanks again, and I'll be sure to remind everyone how well you are presenting your prospective...especially in comparison when looking at some of our other "got banned" threads...

Edit: This is no way a direct contradiction to the posts that SJ has put up. I simply meant to thank you for not being an *expletive deleted* when asking to be unbanned, and I mean that. I'm not trying to take sides in this post or anything, and some of those names were...well, let's just say I'd have punched you pretty hard for a few of them. So I'd like to apologize to SJ here in the public forum for implying that I was disrespectfully contradicting him. I didn't mean to come across like that. So...well, that 'bout sums it up.

In addition, this post has nothing to do with whether or not you'll get unbanned, as that is not really my call. Like I said up there, it was just a thank you for not being a schmuck about it. It's refreshing to see someone rationally explaining things, apologizing and not making any demands...that's all. Sorry again SJ...the ban was rightfully carried out

Edited by [LaW]Maverick

as maverick mentioned, we're talking about this in the admin forums. it also came up in that discussion that now might be a good time to reset your autoexec.cfg to have an appropriate name to avoid this in the future, if you think it's necessary.

as maverick mentioned, we're talking about this in the admin forums. it also came up in that discussion that now might be a good time to reset your autoexec.cfg to have an appropriate name to avoid this in the future, if you think it's necessary.

I did it as soon as I learned about this.

10:02:05 banid 43200 STEAM_0:0:4232193
10:02:05 L 09/29/2007 - 10:02:05: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:0:4232193><>" was banned "for 43200.00 minutes" by "Console"
10:02:05 L 09/29/2007 - 10:02:05: rcon from "24.245.38.223:1527": command "banid 43200 STEAM_0:0:4232193"
10:02:05 L 09/29/2007 - 10:02:05: Banid: "<><STEAM_0:0:4232193><>" was banned "for 43200.00 minutes" by "Console"
10:02:05 L 09/29/2007 - 10:02:05: rcon from "24.245.38.223:1527": command "banid 43200 STEAM_0:0:4232193"

month from today (or 43,200 minutes from now) ban autoexpires.