Germany has the game...

Flitterkill

GC Board Member

Answered questions:

- Did they change the menu/ server browser compared to beta demo?

No they did not. It is exactly the same as it was in the ut3 beta demo, you can see it at the screenshots.

- Can you see the names of the players in a server?

No

- Did they fix the eye-height problem?

No they did not.

- Can you change your nickname?

No you cannot.

- Do server admins have web-admin?

No they don't.

- Did they fix the order by ping?

Yes they did.

- Can you login with your beta demo account?

yes you can.

- Is it me or can you look through teleporters? http://boltwared.co.uk/cobra/Unreal%...3/Shot0011.jpg

Yes! Sorry for the misunderstanding I was misinformed, you can look through teleporters, LIVE.

- List of maps?

http://unreal-pickups.com/index.php?...id=21&id=19#19

- Does the score-board show ping?

Nope

- Can you edit each weapons crosshair like in ut2k4?

Nope

GC Board Member

Oh yeah - looks like there is still no favorites tab for saving links to servers you like.

I have really no way to respond to that other than all of this is Germany getting dumped on maybe?

The 3 Necris vehicles that we haven't seen have yet to appear in screen shots but there may still be hope, I guess...

I'm leaving my notebook at home today so I can actually get work done and not angrily surf the web - post anything new you see here, I'll be back after 10pm.

Note that GC is all huggles and boy scouts so do not post warez or torrent links to the German version of the game for testing purposes if you find them.

On a totally unrelated note, I'll join vent later tonight... :)

-Fk

I weep from all the information in this thread.

And a friend of mine brought up an interesting point... the reaction many of us are having is pretty common among a lot of games. A lot of the CS 1.6 people hated CS:S when it came out, same with UT99 and 2004, and so forth. Maybe we'll adapt? Who knows...

After looking at the pictures from the link that dark put up I have come to the conclusion of a couple of things:

1. It would appear that someone had a lot of time to kill by screen shotting what seems to be every other frame from 3 different maps. :biglaugha:

2. It would seem that Epic, or perhaps just that German site seems to think that all there is worth playing in UT is CTF or DM

3. Although the game is REAL PERTY-- I would hope that Epic has not skimped on the whole Warfare game type. After seeing more and more videos and pics

Warfare really better come out on top.

I know this is just preliminary pics and things: but with that said, I for one am quite disappointed in what I am seeing. I still have to buy it and see it for myself I am not giving up hope just yet that Epic is saving the best for last. :D

GC Board Member

New info, better or otherwise:

Crosshair selection is "there" in some amorphous form

Vehicle view zoom is *in*

On the other hand, a new announcement this morning re: Gamespy and Epic - sounds like they are going to flip over to the full Gamespy product for stats, browser, etc. (Arcade and/or Comrade) - doubt this will be inplace next week though.

Oh yeah - no weapon toss.

Web Admin and the Win 2003 server package has been classified by Epic as "soon".

-Fk