Graphics

Ruff_Ryder

Tekimus Maximus: I think I have res set to 1680x1050, and screen size NOT 100, it's at 90. That made a huge difference for me too, even more than the resolution (???). If you're getting input lag with your mouse, you have the settings too high (as I did, and was getting 18fps!).

Tekimus Maximus: I think I have res set to 1680x1050, and screen size NOT 100, it's at 90. That made a huge difference for me too, even more than the resolution (???). If you're getting input lag with your mouse, you have the settings too high (as I did, and was getting 18fps!).

Well, I retried ALL of Wentz's (a.k.a. MP...ftw was I thinking/drinking?) and now I am hitting 45 fps AVG and as high as 60 fps @ 1680 x 1050. Game looks weirder/plainer (nice words) and the sky will suddenly change shades lighter/darker...but once the action starts, 'tis cool.

I had to turn details down to 2, but I think now I will turn them up to 3.

Too bad this game still offers no in game options for AA and AF.

Sorry such a noob Wentz...I can HEAR you gloating just fine over Vent when you kill me, I just can't reply.

I just noticed the following:

When I take Wentz's advice and set those values to "false" in the .ini files, the game reverts my texture and world details to '1'

FTW>>>

I change them in game, but you have to restart to see effect, but then they are reset to 1 again.

Anybody else?

MP: I'd take vsync off in your ini (you can find it im sure) and bump up the ceiling fps to like 150.

Tek: Not sure, never checked. Textures dont look SUPER pretty though, but meh, getting ok framerates. I dip down to 30-40 depending on map. Still better than 18, and it'll all change soon ;)

I think

bSmoothFrameRate=False

uncaps fps

Tek, yeah i play with the game uglied like that so I can shoot faces without having to worry about something pretty catching my eye. Reversing some of the settings (not sure which specifically) will fix your texture issues, told u to backup the ini bacon it.

I thought that one was sort of like a vsync. I saw somewhere maxfps=60 or 63 or whatever. Just do a search for the number or soemthing in the ini till you find it.

And with the lower res textures it is easier to see guys since they stick out more on the playing field.

smoothing the frame rate out... sorta like when you sync the gpu with your monitor refresh rate (vertical synchronization is it called?) so that you dont ever get tearing? Smoothing the frame rate out so you are getting closer to a constant average than 20, 40, 30, 50, 18, 45 fps all over the place.

That's what my guess was anyway.

I guess some of you are getting the flashes and stuff like me. It sux. I didn't try Wentz suggestion yet... maybe later. I sure hope they release a patch to fix the issue.

I wonder how many of the ppl having this flashing happen are Vista users?

Earlier when I changed some of the values in the system and game files, I noticed that the sky would change from light to darker grey, but that not really a consistent/annoying problem.

meh...

I wish you luck!

Oh, and JOIN GC X!

FWIW I just got the screen crap again. It only happened after a lot of stuff happened on screen at once (like a ton of people dieing right in front of me)

I think I need to tweak the ini to turn all that stuff off (still stock out of the box)

Nice to see it full u most of the evening though!

Just go with GC in the tag box, the brackets look dumb :P

-Fk

• 2 weeks later...
MUUUCH better.

1920x1200 w/ texture setting at 4, world detail to 1 and I get 50+fps in warfare maps with 20+people.

Hmmm...my improvements are disappearing.

I was on a pub server last night with Textures @3 and world @2...the server was full (24 ppl).

Map was downtown.

My FPS with my new 8800GT were consistently in the 20s!!!! FTW. I checked ping and it was ok...I mean, that is what I was getting with my 7900GT...

So I think ok...bad GPU, need to replace. I spend the next hour benching it out again, stressing it with Crysis and 3D mark...but Nope...card is like butter.

So I reset all the graphics stuff in the .ini files (previously mentioned) so now I'm playing at 1 settings again...

FTW...I will try another loaded server again today to see...

:unsure:

IDK man, I'm a steady 60 now with some more tweaking, and I left the HDR on for now too (I got used to it, and players actually "glow" more at a distance I find). My proc is also set to 2.4 right now, with no OC at all. I'm not sure what's lagging you so bad tek. I turned a couple things off. I think it was motion blur and DEFINITELY bshowdamage=false.

FYI for you guys with children around, you can apparently turn off the language (ie turn on a language filter) for the game. I saw the line that's defaulted to false, and if you just look around you can find it too.

Tek, which driver are you using? I'm 169.09... I think Flitter was using 169.12?

Edited by DarkArchon