Female Authors

soul .gc

Alright - I said it - Female Authors haha. Yes, I have been on a kick lately of reading good female authors with strong female leads. These mostly center around occult/fantasy/horror books.

Kim Harrison - The Deathly Hallow series - I love this series and cannot wait for another book to come out this Spring.

Kelley Armstrong - These are great - make sure to start at the beginning with Stolen - they are sets of two but the characters pop in and out of future books and make it very entertaining.

I have several more but will see if the topic goes anywhere.

my favorite female author by far (though she's not occult, she's just fantasy) is Robin Hobb. Her Liveship trilogy and her Assassin trilogies have some of the most realistic characters of any books I've read in years. If you like good female characters then you MUST read the Liveship trilogy as there is one character in that book that just astounded me. You hear alot about characters growing and changing in literature...but no character I have ever read has undergone such a drastic and yet, realistic, change as a certain one in those books.

her other series as Robin Hobb (she also writes as Megan Lindholm) are worth reading (though her latest is her worst).

Hey guys - good to see this section is still alive haha.

I have read Robin Hobb - I liked the Liveship traders but could not get into the assassin series. She does a great job of character development but I thought she went too far in-depth for my tastes. They are very well written books though.

I will have to check out the Shield Ring Bewildered - sounds interesting.

ZD - I have read some Lackey, she always writes a good book that I consider an "in-between" book....something to fill the time between books haha.

Someone go read Kim Harrison so I can talk about those books - they are great!!

• 1 month later...