Server Status Dec 5th, 2007

Flitterkill

1) It cooks when we start it.

And that is the key - if some one could poke the damn thing between 5 and 7 pm, that should do it. Given the limited # of servers out there, we're pretty good for bodies right now.

2) Admining.

Admins, if you need the pw, let me know and start getting some of the riff raff out.

3) Mostly unplayable for me.

Yeah yeah, teach me to open my mouth but for most of last night the game just flickered all to hell. If I want epilepsy, I'll do it the old fashioned way with Japanese cartoons, a large dose of sugar, and a few swift kicks to the head. Gonna nuke all vestiges of the drivers and get the latest and then still wait for the patch (when is that getting here - beats me :( ) Not exactly server related but - eh...

EDIT: Posted by Jeff Morris (WarTourist) @ 6pm Tue in regards to the flickering:

We're looking into it with NVIDIA. I'll keep everyone posted.

-Fk

I was on tonight from around 12 'til 12:30 - some potty mouth action happening. I asked them to turn it down a little. They asked if I was super young, and I said no, but it's our server. Then they obliged (which surprised me actually).

I like the server, I hate that it doenst mix teams after every map.

GC Board Member

Well, we can change teams manually (though your char model will bork to the default) - I've done it to help a few times; suggest GC do the same as they can.

I do hope the patch also fixes the in-game text/talk. On screen, the font is stupid small, red (which just blends into everything else) and the most grammatically annoying thing - instead of : after your name, it's ; which just bugs the hell out of me.

-Fk

GC Board Member

Just pointing out :)

As of this post we are the 35th ranked server for all of UT3, 6th for just Warfare (and of those just one has 24 slots like us, the rest are at 32 players)

This is according the gametrackers metrics (whatever they are) - they update a couple times a day.

Technically we have the highest ranked server for all of GC (granted, the number of UT3 servers now are not quite the number of CSS servers :) )

-Fk

I played for about an hour in the early evening yesterday on the GC server. It was either full or close to it the whole time. There is sure a lot to figure out between the new vehicles and unfamiliar maps. it's obvious some people are having a fine time picking off the strays from a distance. It will be nice when people start playing with some kind of strategy with the orbs.

we need to meet up on private server and mess with vehics

And where would this private server be exactly?

I would switch teams to help if it weren't for the fact that when I do---Wentz switches to the other side just to hunt me down. :(

I'm having a hard time getting the feel for this game. I find the vehicles very annoying. I'm not a DM'er, I guess if I'm gonna play this game I need some work with this stuff. Oh ya, WHATS WITH ALL THE BUNNY HOPPING GOIN ON!!!

we need to meet up on private server and mess with vehics

And where would this private server be exactly?

I would switch teams to help if it weren't for the fact that when I do---Wentz switches to the other side just to hunt me down. :(

I'm having a hard time getting the feel for this game. I find the vehicles very annoying. I'm not a DM'er, I guess if I'm gonna play this game I need some work with this stuff. Oh ya, WHATS WITH ALL THE BUNNY HOPPING GOIN ON!!!

I am also having a hard time. I am a sniper at heart and there are few instant range weapon attacks with vehicles. I miss the days when I could drive my helbender and annoy wentz, dark, and bush. These axon vehicles are not as smooth and responsive as ut2004. With no pipeswitching I have gone from my normal 4-5 weapons on mouse to 2.