Orbing???

Cannon_Fodder

I'm confused at time with what happens to the orb when you bring it into a node. I understand that as long as it's a linkable node it's instantly yours at full power. What I don't understand is that happens after that? Sometimes it stays in your possession and continues to charge the node until you leave with it but other times it seems to disappear. What makes it disappear or what am I missing???

I'm confused at time with what happens to the orb when you bring it into a node. I understand that as long as it's a linkable node it's instantly yours at full power. What I don't understand is that happens after that? Sometimes it stays in your possession and continues to charge the node until you leave with it but other times it seems to disappear. What makes it disappear or what am I missing???

If node not up = instant capture, orb disappears and respawns back at base (or another node you control with an orb spawner)

If node is up = locks the node as long as you are alive and in the immediate vicinity of the node. Looks like you are link charging the node when you are near. Orb stays with you until you die. Note that you can stop protecting a node and go somewhere else with the orb at any time.

-Fk

If you walk into the node with it it flips over the node and if you notice it floats in the middle of the node. Then the node bank will produce another one as long as you control that particular node. Remember that if the opposing teams node is dropped at your node if you try to pick it up you will die, but it forces it back to their closest controlled node.

Thanks Flitter and Primus. I get the idea now. So the next question is where is the best place to take the orb? Or course the primary first if it's not up but if it is head for the closest linkable node or does it depend on the map and if you expect the primary to hold? I can see this will depend on how well your side is playing as a team. I have noticed more people hanging around in faster vehicles offering to pull the orb carrier.

Thanks Flitter and Primus. I get the idea now. So the next question is where is the best place to take the orb? Or course the primary first if it's not up but if it is head for the closest linkable node or does it depend on the map and if you expect the primary to hold? I can see this will depend on how well your side is playing as a team. I have noticed more people hanging around in faster vehicles offering to pull the orb carrier.

Here's a strat that I cannot get anybody on public servers to do...with the exception of the clanned up people that we played with in UT2K4...

Step 1: Take vehic with riders (hoverboarders) to primary, take vehic with rider carrying orb to secondary or a "tank node." So when primary is up, secondary is instantly up...

Step 2: Primary team then goes back to newly spawned orb (base or wherever) and takes that to tertiary (third) node, enemy primary or to defend a secondary node...

STep 3: Meanwhile, the original orb team (from secondary) pushes through to the enemy primary.

So many times, I play on pub servers the orb is just sitting around and maybe like one guy keeps trying to get it to a node, but is camped and killed. Orb cannot travel alone well on most maps...it needs a strike team with it.

Dang...I wish my vent worked, so we could have some pub sessions together and blast some fools.

Where is everyone anyways. I got on last night and the night b4 and nobody was out.

Anybody have set nights to play anymore?

Here's a strat that I cannot get anybody on public servers to do...with the exception of the clanned up people that we played with in UT2K4...

Step 1: Take vehic with riders (hoverboarders) to primary, take vehic with rider carrying orb to secondary or a "tank node." So when primary is up, secondary is instantly up...

Step 2: Primary team then goes back to newly spawned orb (base or wherever) and takes that to tertiary (third) node, enemy primary or to defend a secondary node...

STep 3: Meanwhile, the original orb team (from secondary) pushes through to the enemy primary.

So many times, I play on pub servers the orb is just sitting around and maybe like one guy keeps trying to get it to a node, but is camped and killed. Orb cannot travel alone well on most maps...it needs a strike team with it.

Dang...I wish my vent worked, so we could have some pub sessions together and blast some fools.

Where is everyone anyways. I got on last night and the night b4 and nobody was out.

Anybody have set nights to play anymore?

Played for a bit Friday evening with Wentz and Lex and last night for about an hour starting at 7 PM Central. I have Lex and Wentz in my friends list and didn't see them on. I didn't see the GC server com up either. I think We ned to expand our friends list.

(edited)

I'm down to designate times to play with u guys, its not that fun to play pub alone anyway :( Fix yer vent TEK.

I've been TF2'ing it waiting for the ut3 playerbase to increase. It's tough to find a good server that's not full or empty lately.

btw tek's got the right idea with the orb, leapfroggin it is the best way

Edited by Wentz

I'm down to designate times to play with u guys, its not that fun to play pub alone anyway :( Fix yer vent TEK.

I've been TF2'ing it waiting for the ut3 playerbase to increase. It's tough to find a good server that's not full or empty lately.

btw tek's got the right idea with the orb, leapfroggin it is the best way

We gonna start working on some strats or something? Is anyone even interested in having a team? Bush, your opinion no longer counts :P

I am interested in joining a team but I must warn you my aim is not up to my normal MadPat level and my helbender skills dont' translate to ut3. Still learning my new controls on nostromo. Can't wait for the patch. Played a little last night. Have a way to go.