Map Making

dragonfly

Oh. So someone else has ventured into the bleeding land of the UT3 editor....

I'm working on trying to create some maps, but have been stuck for a bit with the terrain. Building inside a building

was pretty easy, but building a nice-free-ro-all with rolling terrain, etc... seems a bit more complicated. And since

it is the UT3 editor, it is not always straightforward.....

Well I've put in several more hours and it's looking much nicer now. Dingy, any chance of knowing how to learn to put in teleporters? I tried but alas I suck't. You're right, the editor is not straight-forward.

Anyway, I'll send Primus over the new product when I'm satisfied with it. I'll prolly send it to you too wentzy. This is too much fun.

Oh. So someone else has ventured into the bleeding land of the UT3 editor....

I'm working on trying to create some maps, but have been stuck for a bit with the terrain. Building inside a building

was pretty easy, but building a nice-free-ro-all with rolling terrain, etc... seems a bit more complicated. And since

it is the UT3 editor, it is not always straightforward.....

I don't know if it's called something else in UnrealEd but what you would do in Hammer is make a displacement.

Ok, here's what I got so far:

I chopped off the ceiling of the map and added an upper gardens/deck/whatever. It's walled in, and there'll be a short pathway outside that will be blocked as well. I will probably add health/guns/a bajillion static meshes outside too.

n512419979_146499_3293.jpg

End of the pathway

n512419979_146500_3695.jpg

Entrance to the pathway

n512419979_146501_4087.jpg

Just an outside shot

n512419979_146502_4486.jpg

A shot from the inside looking at the stars/new ceiling

I need to detail the main floor more, but I have the basics down now. Just need to add more static meshes, and maybe a lift/jumppad/teleporter.

(edited)

Can you do water? I was thinking along the lines of some kind of hot spring up there with it steaming a little. Ok, its not a hot tub but it might work a little better in this kind of map. BTW, I like the top, looks pretty cool and the open ceiling looks sharp.

Give me a shout when your ready dude and I'll throw it up. Looks great.

Edited by Primus

Can you put some bikini guys up on a 3rd level...maybe a hot tub or something?

Tek, I didnt know you rolled that way. :P

Any other suggestions, mr. no-good-suggestions?

I've got great legs...I just want to show them off with mutually attractive company. My in game character is a girl (albeit, an semi dead looking alien one...but meh)

(edited)

n512419979_153325_2067.jpg

One of my scripts for kismet. I just kept adding until it did what I wanted. All this does is flips a lever, play a sound of it flipping, then shoots a spark, flips it back, and turns underwater pool lights off. If you throw the switch again it repeats, except it turns the lights back on.

n512419979_153326_2934.jpg

All the kismet scripts so far.

Wentzy, you started your map yet?

n512419979_154402_2516.jpg

n512419979_154406_3830.jpg

n512419979_154408_4712.jpg

n512419979_154413_6318.jpg

n512419979_154414_6637.jpg

n512419979_154416_7291.jpg

Edit: PS Tek, I dont think there are any good model static meshes, movers or KActors of women. Just couldnt find the HotBabes.upk file.

Edited by DarkArchon

• 3 weeks later...