Internet Woes

Shadowman

So the last couple of days I haven't been able to do jack with my computer with online stuff besides Instant Messenger, and even then it cuts out. My connection is using wireless internet and all that jazz, and every so often the connection just cuts out and the linksys monitor will display "Cannot Associate with Access Point" or "Internet Can't Be Found". Sometimes I'll be able to get on the internet, but the moment I try going to a site with anything downloadable (images, video, etc) I lose my connection again and have to wait for the dang thing to reconnect.

Should I just abandon all ye hope and reformat?

if your wireless is unnamed it's very likely you're accidentally connecting to someone else's wireless. given that many people have linksys routers it's very easy for a wireless program to just switch to a different router since they all have the same name. the windows built in wireless crap is notorious for that.

because you're a "noob" at this it's very likely a number of things could be causing your problems. a format might help but if the circumstances above are correct then it won't help at all.