Server is updated

Allanon

FYI, I installed the 1.5 patch and the multiplayer portion of the game stopped working. There is a fix for it and it only effects people that have a RealTech onboard sound card. I didn't think it would effect me since I don't use the onboard sound but indeed it does. Only thing that needs to be done is download the latest RealTech drivers.

Here is the link...

GC Alumni
I thought it was supposed to be in Chicago, but I remember checking one time and seeing it on the West Coast somewhere. Anyone have that link handy?

I don't, but I think I remember seeing it located in Washington.

Also, filefront ftw. Can't believe that site still doesn't make you register/pay to download at fast speeds.

Edited by JackieChan

Why dont you guys get on vent when you're playing?

I don't know. That's one of the reasons I don't play as much because I want to talk to you guys while I play so I can make fun/be made fun of at times... seems like the latter happens more often to me for some reason.

My mic isnt set up atm, but I'd love to be laughed at when i get a bullet in the skull. Or even to be told some tips if you notice something stupid I'm doing.

I'm still very noob. I followed Reckless around for a little bit and got a few things from watching him, but it's much easier to hear it out loud.

Yeah, tips definitely help. One huge help for me is when someone said that players running make a TON of noise unless they have the perk "Dead Silence". I run everywhere, which is a bad habit.

Another is along the same lines - try not to move too much - sometimes waiting for someone else to run across an exposed area can net quite a few kills.

The mp5 is one of my favorite SMG's... close to the P90. It's a fine selection.

But you're right, it ain't no shock rifle. And hitscan skills aren't really terribly helpful in this game, even if you're a top-tiered player in UT. Frustrating, isn't it? :)

The mp5 is one of my favorite SMG's... close to the P90. It's a fine selection.

But you're right, it ain't no shock rifle. And hitscan skills aren't really terribly helpful in this game, even if you're a top-tiered player in UT. Frustrating, isn't it? :)

I can't jump in, take on 3-5 guys alone (either not getting hit or just grab a little health after), then steal their manta, go take down a tank, get a rampage and shock-combo a node 6 times to destroy it. Now if I see more than 1 guy chances are I'm dead in 2 seconds, and if I see 1 guy I have about a 35% chance of surviving the encounter. :(

HOWEVER, I'm not very frustrated actually. It's SO much slower moving than UT, but you die faster. So although people would say it's more strategy, I think it's just different. I mean, once you get good at UT you have a certain combination of moves and dodges that you use depending on terrain, your weapon, your opponent's moves, your opponent's weapon, your health, etc. You have to duck more in cod4, which I'm not yet good at. I love rushing in, though it gets me killed. I guess since it's so new for me I dont care enough to get frustrated yet.

Edited by DarkArchon