Lifting

nut

Hey guys. I got 2 weight training classes at school 1.5 hrs each so 3 hrs a day 4 days a week. I also go to 24 hour fitness to do more of a cardio work out aka Basketball/racquetball. My wtraining teacher says i should use protein supplements.. any ideas? products? brands? what should i buy?

I want to bulk up some more.. i am sitting at about 165ish wouldn't mind bumping up to 175+ with some good muscle gain.. and more protein gives me a quicker refresh on the muscles.

ideas?!?!

If there is a health food store nearby, I would talk to them. The problem with any supplement is that they are not regulated, and can have unlabeled ingriedents in there. I used to used, GNC's 100% whey protein, until the athletic department advised me to stop (drug screening reasons).

Yep, go with whey protein and glutamine at a minimum -- try different brands to see which you like best. I liked Optimum Nutrition's chocolate the best, but I work for the company that owns EAS. Getting supplements at cost > slightly tastier supplements.

concentrated protein thats high in glutamine and potassium, i also take a multivitamin and mineral formula in pill style just for the depletion of those substances throughout the day with my workout routine, by the sounds of your average week i would recommend it but i dont know if ur into that or not, just thought i'd let ya know

Don't just get a protein shake, get a weight gainer... If your trying to pick up weight, you will want those extra calories. I've dropped 50 bucks on all different kinds and Im telling you the best brand is CytoGainer. It's like 860 calories with 16oz of milk and 4 scoops. I can drink it all, but I find it to be a bit to much, I usually make 12oz/3 scoops.

I tried those weight gainers.. they are pretty thick!! especially with milk.

It felt like sandy milky, very thick.

And the taste didn't help, but I might look to find another one and see how they do again.

yea they are a little thick if you go by exactly how it says to mix it on the container. I guess they do that so they can claim to put out xxx amount of calories per serving. Cytogainer taste good, and the powder is not dusty, so it doesn't get everywhere. It's also very easy to mix, it mixes instantly and does not clump up like other gainers.

for sure... i will be looking for protein and high calorie shake mixes... and i wouldn't mind swinging a multi vitamin in there..

my bday is coming up i will get some xtra dough.. and i can slap it down so i can bulk up.

GC's Biggest Gainer... is something i see in the future for sure..

I think taking a vitamin daily, whether you are lifting/working out or not is key to a healthy life.

I just use walmart brand, as a lot in it. and it's geared towards men. (probably cuz it has lycopene in it for prostates lol)

Edited by ZesteR