For GC members into working out

ZesteR

(edited)

Ok, I like where this is going, just need to get a couple more people and the guys who want to do this, need their thoughts on how to run it.

Here is the list again:

1. ZesteR
  2. NOFX
  3. Capt. Coconut
  4. Windex
  5. Bear^
  6. lostoften

Unknowns:

Shadowman

Fairweather - find a camera! (camera phone?)

Capt. Coconut's list works for me.

Name:

Weight:

Body Fat %:

Desired weight:

Height:

Weekly Work Out (hrs):

Bench Max:

Bench 8 Rep:

Desired 8 rep:

Squats Max:

Squats 8 Rep:

Could this be modified in any way? I know I can't do squats here at home. No spotter, not way of getting that much weight up high so I can get underneath it. I will be doing lunges instead.

Right now I don't have a scale, but at school they do. I can use that one until I find one that does Body Fat %.

I think it would be cool to keep those stats, but will it be needed to do the competition?

I might be best for everyone to post up what they plan on doing and are doing. & how much of it. Whatever workouts work for you.

We can all put up suggestions and help each other out.

Concerning protein shakes & vitamins. We should definitly do it.

Having the same brand? Not sure if we could do this. We all have different financial budgets. I know I buy cheaper and more quantity b/c I'm saving $ for the future.

An ideal timeframe of when we want to get this started for me, is ASAP. sooner the better.

Is everyone up for all this? Any suggestions?

I'd like to start this next week. That gives us a few days to finalize everything.

Edited by ZesteR

I know this is cardio, and you guys are posting lifting stats, but wanted to show that I am doing stuff :)

Monday: Ran 1.5 miles

Tuesday: Rode bike for 30 mins

Weds: Ran 1.5 miles, did abs, pushups, pullups and dips, swam 1500

Today, abs are sore along with hamstrings. I did med ball chops, which made me realized how out of shape I am. Have alot of hw to do tonight, so just gonna ride for 30 mins +/- some lunges/bw squats/pushups/abs.

Here is the list again:

1. ZesteR

2. NOFX

3. Capt. Coconut

4. Windex

5. Bear^

6. lostoften

7. Fairweather

Unknowns:

Shadowman

I will work on filling in my stats. I cannot find a good scale anywhere. I'll have to look online.

Who's in for doing this and putting some $ in?

If there is interest, we can decide how to do this later.

I hope everyone that wants in on this, still does. Just to make sure, post up to double check that you're ready to do this!!

Count this as my post I'm ready to start.

that works for me!

we still can do a community poll to see who is most improved, so we still get some added motivation out of this. Maybe talk to the fat one about getting a front page spot for a bit?? (lol maybe u guys don't want that and won't help u workout)

How does starting on sunday or monday?

well the money is just a side bonus... you really dont even need to $$ the money factor for the "biggest loser" was a reward for loosing weight. We need to do weekly weigh ins and we need to set up charts. Mainly we should all do some sort of cardio and weight lifting exercises.. i already have gained 10 lbs.. i am at 170 now.

but... the deal is we get a start date and end date.. and a system. We need to have a separate forum maybe? and we need to make a scedule... weigh in days, picture days.. etc.. maybe with each weigh in we do frontal photo to... and we all basicly just have to talk.. about what where doing more of.. and track the progress and give work out ideas.

we can sooooo do this.

i think we need to expand my

"

Name:

Weight:

Body Fat %:

Desired weight:

Height:

Weekly Work Out (hrs):

Bench Max:

Bench 8 Rep:

Desired 8 rep:

Squats Max:

Squats 8 Rep:

"

criteria though..

the more we can show to update eachother with progress is the better.

nut
(edited)

maybe another stat to add could be

Cardio (hrs):

they will be weekly posts.. soo cardio will flux.

by the end of this though we can do before / after pics.. and stats.. and tally up all the hrs of workout /clap for sure

also good link i see from biggest looser is Calorie burn calculator

its good to burn calories and work out / add calories... basically its good to eat and burn the energy and not sit on the couch all the time eating and doing jack.. where looking to get some good muscle mass.. not fat.

Edited by Capt.Coconut

w00t w00t! Hey guys! Took me a while to post in here. Been going to the gym for not quite a week now. Hope that's not a bad thing.

Money might be involved with this? Perhaps we should just arm wrestle at FF? Or just Ro-Sham-Bo eachother... Will be active in the forums from now on! Here is the info that I do know. I will work on getting a topless picture of me.

Name: Jay

Weight: 165

Body Fat %: IDK, but it's low

Desired weight: 185

Height: 6'4"

Weekly Work Out (hrs): about 10

The following I will figure out this coming week!

Bench Max:

Bench 8 Rep:

Desired 8 rep:

Squats Max:

Squats 8 Rep:

Name: Damen

Weight: 160lbs

Body Fat %: around 5% (never had an actual dunk tank test done just some electro thingy that i doubt is 100% accurate)

Desired weight: 170/180 (lol well 200 buts lets be realistic)

Height: 5'10" (5'9" w/out shoes but sshhh)

Weekly Work Out (hrs): avg 7 1/2 - 8 weight lifting and 2 1/2 - 3 cardio

Bench Max: 240

Bench 8 Rep: 205

Desired 8 rep: 230

Squats Max: 215

Squats 8 Rep: 185

Work Out Plan - for the past 4 years i've been using a plan i developed that involves a weekly rotation of individual muscle pyramid workouts. example, mon - chest, tues - back, wed - arms(bi's/tri's) thurs - shoulders(anterior/middle/posterior) fri - chest again but come the following monday the schedual rotates so back is repeated twice on mon and fri, the week following it becomes arms and so on in that rotation. I rarely repeat the same exercise more than once month in an attempt to shock the muscle keep them from becoming accustom to certain exercises.

In addition to this for every exercise i progressivly increase the weight being lifted every set for 3 sets and almost always use a buddy to help me overload on the last few reps of each set.

I also include at the end of each workout an ab program that again is never repeated twice followed by hip flexors and one leg workout and then a 5K 30 minute run.

Reasoning for the one leg workout a day is because if i devoted a single day to legs that would pretty much eliminate the ability to do cardio after and thats not gonna happen.

I know the experts say to workout in the morning and then go running later on at night so the nutrients consumed after go to the targeted muscles but honestly i just dont have time for that in my schedual so i cram it in after.. heck i'd do 2 a days if i had the time

After each workout i consume 2 scoops of kaizen protein powder, i like it b/c its cheaper yet its still high in protein [] glutamine and potassium, both excellent for muscle recovery, i dont find anymore than that necessary as i eat very well during the day and anymore would probably just be excess and removed anyway. Everymorning with breakfast and dinner i consume omega 3 pills (fish oil) and a multivatimin and mineral pill and then everynight at bed i take 3 pills of zma.. i used to be on purple k for a while but i like to cycle it every couple months

lol wow thats long.. i dont think i forgot anything, owell no big deal if i did, oh yes and streching is definentally a must before every workout

getting a special sub-forum set up so we can start this up... we will be doing virtually the same thing as the other guys... but i guess with some extra little twists to be different... and because we have a different goal.

GC's Biggest Builder

incoming.

Has anybody used Bowflex? I'm thinking about getting one and wanted to hear "real" experiences with this rig.

Let me know, please.

btw... after this info, I'm unsubscribing this thread as the pictures are making me nauseous. :yuck:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

the whole GC's Biggest Builder... is a purely motivative sub forum.. post up what your doing... and some things you need help with... or some goals your looking to achieve... or suggestions.

check it out