Me on TV!!!!!

Thief_Lord

Hey, i just wanted to let anyone from NE Ohio know that I will be on Channel 5's Academic Challenge this Saturday night at 7:00 o'clock. I'm on Coventry's team and I will be on the Right wearing an 8-Bit Tie from Think Geek. I don't really get to answer very many questions though seeing as my team's leader is much smarter than me and this is my first year but I just thought Y'all might like to know encase you watch the show.

(Oh, and when you give a brief Bio. of yourself I slipped in that "I was pretty 1337")

-TL

big ups for the 8bit tie on public access :D

Hrm, I am in Cleveland too but I don't watch much tv, Channel5 is the major ABC station around here, even if it is just local programing is it considered local access?

Regardless man, good for you, hard work pays off and this shows it, good luck on the show. and +1 on the 8bit tie. Though I think you should wear a FF t-shirt :D

Edited by monthos

big ups for the 8bit tie on public access :D

Hrm, I am in Cleveland too but I don't watch much tv, Channel5 is the major ABC station around here, even if it is just local programing is it considered local access?

Regardless man, good for you, hard work pays off and this shows it, good luck on the show. and +1 on the 8bit tie. Though I think you should wear a FF t-shirt :D

i'm not in ohio (by the grace of god), but i assumed any channel carrying an academic pentathlon would be public access. regardless, i stand by my big ups - show your geek.

Be a champ and play the "meow" game so we can all do shots everytime you let one slip!

If he does, I want it youtube'd so I can see it.

Meh, it's already been tapes as to stop anything like that from happening like that. I would have tried it if the "coach" wasn't there watching everything we do. I plan on youtube'ing it though.

We had to wear ties (or were supposed to at least) and button up shirts; So I'm kinda surprised that I was able to get away with the 8-bit tie at all.

(The schools we were facing are much bigger than ours BTW, so our loss doesn't matter quite so much)

Be a champ and play the "meow" game so we can all do shots everytime you let one slip!

If he does, I want it youtube'd so I can see it.

Meh, it's already been tapes as to stop anything like that from happening like that. I would have tried it if the "coach" wasn't there watching everything we do. I plan on youtube'ing it though.

We had to wear ties (or were supposed to at least) and button up shirts; So I'm kinda surprised that I was able to get away with the 8-bit tie at all.

(The schools we were facing are much bigger than ours BTW, so our loss doesn't matter quite so much)

Well good job then...you can only get away with pranks during live broadcasts anyways

I think my school was in it... was there a Hawken at the tournament... there's a group of people that always makes announcements about Academic Challenge but I'm normally doing my calc homework... so ... yah

Gratz btw for getting that far :D

I think my school was in it... was there a Hawken at the tournament... there's a group of people that always makes announcements about Academic Challenge but I'm normally doing my calc homework... so ... yah

How nerdy is this? Too caught up in doing homework to be able to attend an academic competition. lol, nice.

How nerdy is this? Too caught up in doing homework to be able to attend an academic competition. lol, nice.

rofl no... we have a period during certain days (it varies) when the student body meets in the auditorium and people make announcements. I use it when I've forgotten to do my homework the night before.