iphone 3g?

anonymo

Wouldn't OLED be bad though? I mean, I enjoy the fact that I can read my iphone under direct sunlight.

On a side note, I read a gizmodo story yesterday about a research group upping EDGE data speeds to 1.5mbps using a software solution. That's cool.

Same with me... I already talked to wife already about the "hand me down" of my iphone to her when the 3g iphone comes out.

Just counting the days... Probably in June. $499 for 16gb and $599 for 32gb - my guess.

I should call ATT and ask about my current plan and what happens when a new phone is bought... extend the contract to 2 years again?

Wouldn't OLED be bad though? I mean, I enjoy the fact that I can read my iphone under direct sunlight.
honestly, when is the last time you were in direct sunlight. aren't most magic tournaments in some parent's basement?

reality aside, i didn't know that oled was sketchy in sunlight. i don't think i've ever even actually seen an oled display...

To be honest, I think I'm confused. I read somewhere that there were rumors that the iphone would be switching to "xxxxx" display and away from LCD. When you said OLED I assumed that was "xxxxx". If you google OLED and sunlight you get pages talking about how OLED is good in sunlight.

sorry.

Well, I have a Treo 680 I've been happy with but as of late it's getting flaky. I really am thinking serious about the iPhone as my next phone but I'd also have another problem that's an ATT issue; in my apt, I only have like 1 or 2 spots where I get a signal. For this reason, I have also been looking at the Blackberry Curve which, I've been told, can make/receive calls over a WAP connection if no tower signal is available.

i'm under the impression the sdk will allow voip calls to be made on wifi networks, but not edge/3g.

This is the word now. Which is cool, because like dweezil, I get 0 to 1 bar at home with any carrier, Verizon being the best (1 to 2).

Can't wait till June! I'm not an Apple addict as I'm made to look in the other threads(I just have 5 macs just for fun), but the iPhone is simply the best phone that I had.

I've had pretty much every phone/device out there, except the blackberry and the iphone is the most pain free device so far. There are a few things that the iphone lacks and broadband is one of the problems. It's like having a Ferrari with no place to speed... or trying to paint a 10 story building with a paintbrush. It can be done, but would not be enjoyable.