Wash keybord in the dishwasher

bushwack

I read somewhere that you could wash your keyboard in the dishwasher and not kill it. Yeah sure buddy. To test this theory i got a hold of a test subject that wouldn't be missed. I've been married almost 12 years and when i pulled the keyboard out she gave me a new look. := I let it dry in the house a couple of days and gave it a try. No good, the computer speaker laffed and it refused to work. Before I threw it in the trash i put it out in the sun for the day. Sure enuff that did the trick and worked perfect. Heres some before and after shots.

kidsnastykb1.JPG

kidsnastykb2.JPG

Really?? WOW, not sure if I am ready to try it on my G15 without further testing.

Let me know when you are further along in your testing... :)

Yeah i wouldnt put something with a lcd screen in the washer. Further testing? Sorry its put up in the garage, but as far as i know everything worked fine on it.

Yeah, I read about this some time ago (I honestly think there's a thread on it here somewhere). One thing the guy who read the article states is, make sure you pull the keyboard before the "drying" cycle (he found out the hard way when most of the wire insulation melted...or something like that).

Yeah, I read about this some time ago (I honestly think there's a thread on it here somewhere). One thing the guy who read the article states is, make sure you pull the keyboard before the "drying" cycle (he found out the hard way when most of the wire insulation melted...or something like that).

I meant to turn it off but i forgot too, didn't seem to matter was fine on my top rack.

When my son was younger and couldnt aim i used to detach the toilet seat, lid and assembly to clean it. One time I told my kids to agree with me when I told my wife i stuck the seat and lid in the dishwasher with the other dishes. It's great when your kids back you up in stories.