L'Hockey

dragonfly

Though, Americans are welcome here too if you like good sports.

So, cujo, who you cheering for? I hope the Phillie takes out the Habs, but I doubt that'll happen. I just hate Montreal. Right now I'm cheering they lose (my mom's from Penn., so I have to cheer for them I guess).

You being a die-hard TO fan must find yourself at a crossroads. Cheer for the last Canadian team who also happens to be your arch enemy (unless you hate Ottawa more), or become less of a Canadian and cheer for a US team. lol

I'm rooting for Philly, Pittsburgh, Dallas, and Detroit.

I've liked Philly since Roenick played there (and that 5OT monster playoff game), enjoy watching Modano, and the Penguins are too darn fun to watch.

That said, I am a Wings fan and have watched as much of them these playoffs as I can. I can't WAIT to get this Wings-Avs series underway, makes me feel all nostalgic and such... I'll be watchin in HD with my #5 Lidstrom sweater on :D

I was rooting for the Bruins to upset the "Habs" (where the hell did they get that nickname??) and that game 7 was a huge letdown.

It's hard being a hockey fan in Indiana... no home team and the TV deal is terrible... lucky if they showed one game per week during the season, and hardly ever showed the Wings :(

Thankfully all the playoffs games have been televised :D

I was rooting for the Bruins to upset the "Habs" (where the hell did they get that nickname??)

I couldn't watch any of the games until the other night because of exams, but I actually found out why they have that name just 2 weeks ago. I guess "Habs" is short for "habitants" (unsure of how to spell it in french, but I can say it with an accent) and it's a shot at saying they were the first ones here before the english (the french were). Anyway, that's sort of how it came about.

And so the Habs WONNN THE 1ST GAMMMEEE, oh yes went in overtime ( dont know if its the right word ) then they put pressure kept the puck in and BANG they scored

Yea Habs mean Habitants and theyll win the cup !! :luxhello:

(edited)

If I was an admin I'd abuse my power and delete dweez's post!

Yeah, I'd agree with you kage, except I think the penguins learned their lesson. Maybe I'm wrong though, we'll see. Their lines go pretty deep, they've got a lot of skill and are doing awesome considering they have almost no vets.

Oh, and sorry about the montreal jab. Well, not really, but i felt like I should be sorry.

Edited by DarkArchon

Ok, I apologize. Hockey is just kind of like soccer in the way that the majority of U.S. people don't understand it. Another support for my comment is...I'm a Blackhawks fan so my lack of drive to watch hockey is only beat by my lack of drive to watch the Cubs.

/me dies a little inside

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Game 5 of Pittsburgh vs Detroit was intense. I normally don't watch hockey; as a matter of fact, this was the first Hockey game on TV that I actually finished watching. However, I'm glad I did because this game went into a 3rd Over Time! (3-3 in regulation). Detroit was up 3-1 in the series going into this game, so Pittsburgh was basically staying alive here. On top of that, they were playing IN Detroit. I like underdogs and I love Penguins, so I think you know who I'm rooting for.

Pittsburgh's goalie, Fleury, was amazing. He had 55 blocked shots.

Sykora scored the winning goal in the 3rd OT, but what was so amazing about it was that he told the announcer in the 2nd OT that he was going to score the winning shot. I thought he was arrogant for saying this, but then when it actually happened I was amazed.

To re-cap, Pittsburgh won 4-3 in 3OT. The series is now 3-2 (Detroit). Game 6 is being played in Pittsburgh on Wed and I'm most likely going to be watching it.

I missed this last game. WOW I wish I hadn't!!! Ok, Wed. night is booked for sure! :D

I REALLY hope the 'guins win this next one to make it a tied series. Detriot is just so freaking awesome though. Either way, I just hope Pit doesnt let them walk all over them (like when they couldnt score in a 5v3 for a full minute in game 4). :)