FLASH Help - Paying good money

soul .gc

Alright you Flash experts -

I need some help - I am willing to pay $50 via paypal for some quick work.

I have a picture:

flashHeader-final0305.jpg

I need to get the yellow "bulbs" to flash around the marquee, like you would see at a movie theatre.

I also need to get the words into flash buttons that animate when the mouse moves over them - Not anything super-fancy, just something that shows they are active, maybe with a small sound or something for each one.

Anyone able to help out? PM me and we can discuss details - I am doing this pro-bono for a friend and not looking to spend much more than $50 - is this too little for this type of work?

Thanks all!!

It sounds a little low for the price... but it depends on how flashy you want to get. If it's literally just what you posted above, $50 is fine. I'd be happy to do it, but it's been awhile since I made any flash animations. But this isn't an hourly thing, so that shouldn't matter. :) I could dig up my copy of Flash MX and get crackin on it for you.

Here's a few questions for ya:

1. When do you need it by?

2. Do you have the original images for the banner? (e.g. the sun character, marquee behind, etc)

3. Will you be providing the sounds?

4. Do you have any requirements on file size? (e.g. under 1MB, 500k, etc... it has an effect on quality)

Is there a deadline attached to this?

I'd be willing to take a crack at it, but wouldn't be able to do so until this weekend.

If this is going to be a menu for a website or something, you will also have to specify what the menu items are linking to since that will have to be programmed in flash as well.

Thanks for the responses guys -

sj - Google is not an issue, the site is already established and it gets very few hits...maybe 100/month at the very most and Google has it so it should not slip far due to this.

Dweez - That was my thought as well - but I am clueless in Flash.

Unclean/Boiler - I was hoping for something early next week sometime...maybe Tuesday/Wednesday. I have the original image with the Sun guy and Text as layers, the rest is all part of the base image.

- It needs to stay the size it is now - 779x195

- I have no sound files, it does not even need it unless there is some stock "click" or "movie-type" sound in Flash that is easy to add

- Size - Preferably under 1MB - this will be the main header image and then iframes will open the links in windows under this banner

Not sure if the above makes a difference on who can help out - I will have more work in the next couple months as well that will be more money, just working out some details now on some places.

Should be alright with alt text/links though...right?
not absolutely sure, but no.

alt text works if you're describing the flash image, which is great if its just an image. if the links define the structure of your site (and they do in this case), bots can only see what you would see if dont have flash -- not much.

but doesn't sound like search traffic is on the radar for these guys, so nvm...

Should be alright with alt text/links though...right?
not absolutely sure, but no.

alt text works if you're describing the flash image, which is great if its just an image. if the links define the structure of your site (and they do in this case), bots can only see what you would see if dont have flash -- not much.

but doesn't sound like search traffic is on the radar for these guys, so nvm...

I want a full SEO analysis for their movie website on my desk by tomorrow morning plz.