windows vista ultimate never used

Preacher

• 3 weeks later...

I'd feel the same way about XP. All OS' are overpriced (except for linux of course). So far, I've gotten my Windows/Mac OS' through work or "bundled" with a system. If game support were improved, I'd move to linux 100% of the time.

What a sad representation of this product. People can name their price and still no one really wants it.

They shoulda just made XP have prettier menus.

I already have one. If I didnt and it was 64-bit I'd be all over it in a second. I just dont need it.

What a sad representation of this product. People can name their price and still no one really wants it.

They shoulda just made XP have prettier menus.

Actually, I'm really happy with the copy of Vista I already have. I have had ZERO compatibility problems and it's only crashed one time (and that's because I was installing a major update, a game, and office all at the same time which probably wasn't such a hot idea).

In other words--my experience with Vista has been fantastic...the only reason I was asking whether Preach had only the 32 bit version is because I want a 64-bit copy for my wife's laptop. Since his is only 32 bit, no dice. :)

I use Vista every single day at work. It is absolute utter crap. I wish they would allow me to "downgrade" to Windows XP.

:(

What a nice thing to say in a thread where someone is trying to sell his unneeded copy of Vista for cheap.

I use Vista every single day at work. It is absolute utter crap. I wish they would allow me to "downgrade" to Windows XP.

Nice of you to list specific examples of why it's crap. Nothing like an Apple fanboy to state what is only obvious to himself. ;)

What a nice thing to say in a thread where someone is trying to sell his unneeded copy of Vista for cheap.

Luckily I'm an Apple fanboy so no one takes me seriously (even though I've only used Apple products for a little less than a year). Also...awkward...sorry Preach.

You know I take you seriously. I was just trying to say (in a teasing way) that you say Vista is crap but yet you list no specifics. Many people have no issues at all with Vista so it's possible you have just borked your configuration.

Well now that Preach sold it to himself I'll list my full complaints:

For reference sake I use Vista at work and it is a fresh install with barely anything on it (only a few company programs). I have not messed with settings apart from what they set up.

My machine is a Lenovo laptop (T61) dual-core 2.4ghz with 2 gigs of ram (it gets a 4.8 Vista score mostly because of the ram).

- When I boot it up in the morning it takes 5 minutes (minimum) to get to the point where I can log in.

- After logging in, it takes another 5-7 minutes to get to the point where I can launch a program when I click on it.

- If I leave the computer on overnight and don't put it in sleep or hibernation mode, my USB mouse stops being recognized (Logitech MX Revolution). It took me 20 minutes and 3 reboots the other day to get it to be recognized again.

- If I undock the computer from the docking station manually (i.e. just hit the eject button) I can't get my screen to show up on the laptop without rebooting.

- If I undock automatically (click "Undock" in the shutdown list) and redock my machine it won't recognize my keyboard, mouse or monitor unless I reboot.

- My wireless connections randomly disappear as if the router doesn't even exist. This is a massive problem because I'm expected to take my laptop to meetings with me.

Each of the above issues has been documented by myself on 2 seperate T61 laptops. Interestingly not a single T61 running Windows XP has any of these issues.

I am also incredibly annoyed by the fact that Microsoft can't even decide what their own GUI should look like. You take their flagship programs for example: IE7 has hidden menus, Visual Studio doesn't and Microsoft Word (and other Office apps) look like they were spit out by a cartoon factory.

(edited)

Sorry, but I have never bought an operating system and I never plan to. I have a developers version of Vista ultimate 64 bit. Basically the same thing except I had a developers CD-key. I had it well before vista was release and that hard drive was formatted well before vista was released. I tried deleting the ISO, but it was to big and my recycle bin didn't want it either.

Edited by NOFX

Well now that Preach sold it to himself I'll list my full complaints:

For reference sake I use Vista at work and it is a fresh install with barely anything on it (only a few company programs). I have not messed with settings apart from what they set up.

My machine is a Lenovo laptop (T61) dual-core 2.4ghz with 2 gigs of ram (it gets a 4.8 Vista score mostly because of the ram).

- When I boot it up in the morning it takes 5 minutes (minimum) to get to the point where I can log in.

- After logging in, it takes another 5-7 minutes to get to the point where I can launch a program when I click on it.

- If I leave the computer on overnight and don't put it in sleep or hibernation mode, my USB mouse stops being recognized (Logitech MX Revolution). It took me 20 minutes and 3 reboots the other day to get it to be recognized again.

- If I undock the computer from the docking station manually (i.e. just hit the eject button) I can't get my screen to show up on the laptop without rebooting.

- If I undock automatically (click "Undock" in the shutdown list) and redock my machine it won't recognize my keyboard, mouse or monitor unless I reboot.

- My wireless connections randomly disappear as if the router doesn't even exist. This is a massive problem because I'm expected to take my laptop to meetings with me.

Each of the above issues has been documented by myself on 2 seperate T61 laptops. Interestingly not a single T61 running Windows XP has any of these issues.

I am also incredibly annoyed by the fact that Microsoft can't even decide what their own GUI should look like. You take their flagship programs for example: IE7 has hidden menus, Visual Studio doesn't and Microsoft Word (and other Office apps) look like they were spit out by a cartoon factory.

Correction--a guy I work with has a T61 laptop and it has the same docking problems and also has a slow boot up time. He's running XP Pro on it. Both myself, our two "IT" guys and the owner of the laptop have all documented it. In addition, it has some other weird quirks which is going to require a reinstall of XP to fix.

So, it's the laptop, not the OS. The vista machine I'm sitting on right now boots to the log-in screen twice as fast as the same computer did with XP on it...I was a little surprised at that, but there it is. :)