Can't knock 260...

I've actually used a treadmill this week and eaten even less than normal (but still make sure I'm full, I'm not starving myself here) but every morning the scale says 260.something. This doesn't bode well for me considering I always seem to gain 2 pounds on Thursday and Friday.

nut
(edited)

Well from what i see you started this at about 275. One thing with dieting this way... aka (eating healthy and working out) is that it's a LONG but healthy process. Loosing a lot of weight in a short amount of time is UN healthy because you actually burn muscle... which isn't good. My advice to you is to keep on track... don't starve yourself.. but make sure your eating healthy. The big downfall with people trying to loose weight is that it's americanized.. people think they can just loose weight by popping a pill and not changing anything in there life. Thats BS. You are on a good road... and if you keep it up you will go way past 260.

It's the human body... you treat it right and it will produce results.

good luck to you

EDIT: Treadmill is a great way to get in shape! I think you should try to find sometime everyday in which you can throw a good 10 miles... (At your pace) and not stopping. You will not only notice loss in weight but you'll feel better and breathe better. Cardio is everyones friend.

Edited by Capt.Coconut

Yesterday I weighed myself and it was 260.6. I used the treadmill again last night and this morning....260.8

I realize it's actually a good thing that I'm sustaining consistent weights through the week, I'm not fluctuating by much more than half a pound up and am losing up to 2 pounds a week...but it's so frustrating because 2 weeks ago I was 262 with an average weight loss of 2lbs a week so I was hoping I'd have broken the 250's by now.

The problem with the treadmill for me right now is that my body gives out (i.e. gets weak enough that I have trouble walking after) before I even break a sweat. That means I'm SERIOUSLY in bad shape and I know the only way to fix it is time and patience...but I don't have patience...never have had patience.

I've been working out for 16 months now and have gone from the low 220's to the low 180's. That works out to average weight loss of 2.5 pounds a month (thats a little over .6 lbs a week!). The short term gain is insignificant vs the long term gain/benefits. I weigh myself after every work out (3 times a week) and I don't see much change. But if you look at me now compared to before I started, there is a huge difference.

My advice is this, stick with your plan and your goals. If you do find yourself not losing weight for a few weeks, step up your workout. I had to.

Yesterday I weighed myself and it was 260.6. I used the treadmill again last night and this morning....260.8

I realize it's actually a good thing that I'm sustaining consistent weights through the week, I'm not fluctuating by much more than half a pound up and am losing up to 2 pounds a week...but it's so frustrating because 2 weeks ago I was 262 with an average weight loss of 2lbs a week so I was hoping I'd have broken the 250's by now.

The problem with the treadmill for me right now is that my body gives out (i.e. gets weak enough that I have trouble walking after) before I even break a sweat. That means I'm SERIOUSLY in bad shape and I know the only way to fix it is time and patience...but I don't have patience...never have had patience.

well weight loss is a game with patience from what i see, but it should never be the "fast method." My advice to you is... to set up a small work out plan... maybe 30 mins to an hour... which includes stretches... to reduce your pains.. treadmill WALKING.. or light jogging and maybe some sort of free weights. I am telling you... if you kick a little regiment into your already good diet plan... you'll loose the lbs, and get stronger. Seems to me that your trying TO hard... and it happens to everyone that is trying to get into shape again.. My advice is to regulate your workout... and keep it LOW... at the start and build your way up as you go.

Small Workout:

stretches.. are pretty general for what your doing. I would say some shoulder stretches, trunk twisters, and some legs.

15 Minutes on the Treadmill at a good walking pace (NOT to fast or you will get tired again) and make sure you keep walking all the way.

Also free weights... are very versatile.. not only curls.. but you can do triceps and you can do some pretty good inclined bench.

Stretch 5 mins (until done)

Treadmill 15 mins (walk)

Free weights 10-15 mins 8-8-8-8 rep (8 reps. Rest. 8 reps. Repeat ETC ETC.)

Soon after that you can add more things to it. this is just a basic body wake up.

You can do it man. Good luck!

Hey mhen my 200 "was" your 260...I was sitting on the low 200's and just could not beat it. The scale this am is now showing a crack below 200!!! I could not get it, so I started looking around at different things and went to Dr. OZ's website realage and started reading and changing things I ate, and I actually eat more now then before and feel GREAT!!. Working out 6 days a week with (3 days boxing style cadrio and 3 days sculping) one day off....I love eating fiber/fruit/and nuts...I can actually say I HATE sugar now, if something has sugar in it I can tell and it totally turns it off for me...

190!!! I am coming for you...

Playaa...stay the course my man, that 260 will soon pass just dont give up!!!!