Mr. T Interviewed about his banned Snickers commercial

ZeroDamage

I think the commercial is as funny as hell. If anyone ever watched "Malcom in the Middle" some years ago, they would remember the dad being a "professional" speed walker and that they look funny when they do the speed walk. Well anyway, here is the interview.

[utube]PXap2twPc-0[/utube]

I was thinking this'd be another crappy commercial that happened to get banned, but yeah it's pretty funny, better than most of the Superbowl commercials from this year. I don't get what it has to do with gays; is speedwalking lame now?

I find that people look for things that "could" be offensive and have nothing better to do with their lives but force their beliefs on others. I think its pathetic that homosexuals claim that the commercial was offensive to them even though there was nothing lame in it...

As far as I'm concerned, if the intent was supposed to be harmless, then it is harmless, like RE5 under fire for racism for killing black zombies in Africa.

I find that people look for things that "could" be offensive and have nothing better to do with their lives but force their beliefs on others.

That's exactly what it's all about.

Not saying that it is right that someone would be offended and not saying that snickers did anything wrong by making the commercial. But hey if a big enough commercial group finds the add offensive and the execs think they will lose money by running the ad, of course they should pull it. Not because the legally have to, but because they will lose business if they don't. Doesn't matter that it does not make sense.