Floridian man jailed for grass... the legal kind.

EbilDustBunny

Well he wasn't jailed for having brown grass, he was jailed for not showing at a mandatory court proceeding. There is a difference there. If he did go to court he may have been able to fight or defer the grass thing, and certainly would not have gone to jail. His irresponsibility landed him in jail. It is stupid that the homeowners assn would charge him for it but it is the rules that he probably signed to when he bought the house. If he didn't like it he should have not bought that house in that association. No sympathy for the guy.

Where my Grandparents live the Homeowners Association is VERY strict. They charge multiple people a week for just about anything. Grass being more than so many inches, shrubs not being trimmed right, putting your trash out before 6pm. They even complain about things in your backyard. Last Friday a 85 year old woman who lives across the street from my Grandparents was warned for putting a tire mark in her grass where it meets the driveway because she accidentally went off her driveway while she was backing out.

Well he wasn't jailed for having brown grass, he was jailed for not showing at a mandatory court proceeding. There is a difference there. If he did go to court he may have been able to fight or defer the grass thing, and certainly would not have gone to jail. His irresponsibility landed him in jail. It is stupid that the homeowners assn would charge him for it but it is the rules that he probably signed to when he bought the house. If he didn't like it he should have not bought that house in that association. No sympathy for the guy.

i guess i could of worded it better... but the title makes it more compelling t take a lookie at the thread.