PLANTRONICS GAMECOM1

Shazz

It looks basically like the Plantronics .Audio 90 which I too have been using for years.

Yeah my first set was the 90's then i picked these up when they died and notice they were the same except for the GameCom 1 silkscreen on the side.

(edited)

I've gone through about three sets of .90's. All broke due to my fault. I've now had the USB version for about 3 years.. they have seemed to survive much better since I left college.

Edited by .fx

I picked up 2 .Audio 90's recently when Plantronic had a clearance sale.

They are still being offered in the clearance section of Plantronic's site, it appears. $10

Actually $8.95 but don't know how much for shipping. Bought 2 pairs for the kids here not long ago and shipping wasn't too much. They are identical to my GameComs.

I just picked up my very first real gaming headset today!

PLANTRONICS GameCom 377

Best Buy price matched Newegg, plus another $15 in reward certificates means I got it for $20 :D

So how you like em? If mine ever crap out I might look into them.

I've only used them for about 3 hours (just picked them up tonight and played some CS with them) but here are my initial impressions:

- Outstanding sound quality. Great for listening to music or the footsteps of a terrorist around the corner. very good bass response.

- love the hide-away mic option (looks like normal headphones when mic is folded up)

- From what others have told me, mic sound quality is great. I boosted the gain in the source engine since the mic isn't as close to my mouth as with other headsets, but I have been told it's very much loud and clear enough

- comfortable overall, but a little bit on the tight side, at least right now. I like the open backs so that I can hear whats going on around me still. I expect the tightness to be less of an issue with increased use.

In my opinion, you can't beat it, especially if you can get it for $20 like me :D