Boxee

Playaa

I just got into the Alpha yesterday for Boxee and I have to say, this thing is rockin!

My favorite part about it, is that it automatically hooks up to Hulu and other online streaming sites (including YouTube) for video viewing.

You can even run it on AppleTV if you choose to.

Check it out folks, if you want an invite let me know, I can send them out now.

Now if only my internet connection at home would WORK! (I'm consistently getting a 300k/sec connection when I'm signed up for a 3mb/sec connection)...then I could play around with this Hulu thing more.

It looks incredibly promising.

I'm thinking of building a sub-$200 ubuntu box and building myself a media center. I mean, who needs to pay for cable when you can download any tv show out there or stream most of them from Hulu?

There was an issue with that build on Hulu streams.

The put out an update so just go to your download page and redownload. Make sure you have version 3964 or later to fix the Hulu issue.

(the issue was that it wouldn't make it past the 1st commercial break in the stream)

Ok... so this is what I need to know now. I want to use Boxee by being able to search for a video or maybe see a listing of TV shows that I can chose from or something. I get nothing like that. There is NO search option on it at all. There is only what others have watched, recommended, and what I've already watched. There is no search option or anything like that. Where is it? Or is this program so friggin Alpha that it doesn't even have these basic options?

When in the main screen (the one that has those recommendations) either mouse over to the very left or hit the left arrow key a few times. You'll see a menu pop up and from there you can make sense of it.

I would say the exact opposite actually. But that's probably because I figured out the complex menu system without having to be guided.

:P

Boxee makes me want to buy an AppleTV. How awesome would it be to watch Hulu on my regular tv?

• 4 weeks later...