My annual computer purchase

shaftiel

Looks very nice and expensive. Everyone has their way of going about and building a computer.

You asked for it, so here's my advice. You can build a system that gets very comparable frames per second for much cheaper. when people build systems I view it in frame rates per dollar.

Sure you can spend $12 per FPS and squeeze and extra 20 fps, but in my view, I'd rather spend $6 per FPS and have 20 fps less. There is no need for me to list parts, Im sure you could build that machine if you wanted..

Hey, it's a sweet wish-list! I can't look because I have to save my monies right now... no wishing for me :)

PS - you'd be proud of me. I finished the last map second on my team with a 13-12 ratio. I think I need to stick to one team until I learn how to tell the guys apart. My team doesn't appreciate it when I shoot them...

Edited by DarkArchon

Hey, it's a sweet wish-list! I can't look because I have to save my monies right now... no wishing for me :)

PS - you'd be proud of me. I finished the last map second on my team with a 13-12 ratio. I think I need to stick to one team until I learn how to tell the guys apart. My team doesn't appreciate it when I shoot them...

Heh, very cool! Just as long as you finish ahead of Lunk you are doing fine!

Shaftiel

Looks like an overkill, i think you can get bye with 6 fps in css to use your p90 shaft.

I got more points than him one map last night. Yes, I'm bragging and yes I wrote it down in my calendar. However, the next map he was not on my team and killed me repeatedly.

I just bought that CPU, doing great so far.

I just bought the GTX 260, not 280, running good so far (And its alot cheaper shaft, if you dont have a huge monitor, buy it instead)

That motherboard is overkill, i looked at it also, and what is it going to get you that a cheaper one doesnt? My board is great and cost me half that.

Make sure you get vista or xp 64 bit. Or the 8gb ram wont be detected.

I bought that same PSU only the 850 watts. You wont need 1000 unless you plan on doing 3x SLi or something crazy, with lights and whistles. Get a cheaper smaller PSU.

Thats my 2 cents, i just got this brand new rig up and running yesterday!!! I loves it. You can see the specs in my thread called "New Build Suggestions" i believe in this section.