Old school MMO: Ultima Online

[LaW]Maverick

So, back in the day, my brothers and I all played Ultima Online...it was SWEET!

Well, we were thinking about playing again, but on a free shard this time. So I was wondering if anyone else here ever played the game, and if you did, if you are interested in playing it for free. You don't even need the discs, they have free downloads on the server sites.

I played it on the official servers then played it for a few years on a free shard. I had a lot of fun playing it. It was the only MMORPG I ever really enjoyed. It's been over a year since I played but last I hear RunUO stopped doing any of the EA content updates. They still run a UO Shard themselves that I know a couple people who play on, but I don't have the ambition to go back and spend hours and hours macroing skills up. :)

In searching for a viable Shard to play on, I've found out that no one likes the Felucia/Trammel setup...

I like Fel/Tram so that you can hang out in Tram and not have to worry about PvP, but if you wanna go to PvP, you just go to Fel, and BAM, you know what to expect...I don't want a bunch of buttheads running aorund killing me every time I Get somethin' good going..

In searching for a viable Shard to play on, I've found out that no one likes the Felucia/Trammel setup...

I like Fel/Tram so that you can hang out in Tram and not have to worry about PvP, but if you wanna go to PvP, you just go to Fel, and BAM, you know what to expect...I don't want a bunch of buttheads running aorund killing me every time I Get somethin' good going..

that's why we get a good duo or trio going ... or FGroup and be the "buttheads" that cause all the mayhem... or we can duo and pick off that annoying group.

:smiling2:

http://www.uodemise.com/

That's where we're playing. :) The server is pretty cool--they made it a lil' speedier to build skills (certain skills), so you can start fighting some nasty stuff fairly early on. They have Tram, Fel, and all the other stuff, and it's a very stable server.

There are anywhere from 300 to 500 people online and active during peak hours and so I've had no trouble finding people to do things with. When I died in Demise last night, I found help right away--it was cool.

So, if anyone is interested in playing, let me know, and I can help ya' get started. :)

OK, you can download the client here: http://www.uo.com/uoml/downloads.shtml (I used the FTP)

And you need to download Razor to run the shard here: http://www.runuo.com/razor/Razor_Latest.exe (that's a direct link)

All you do is, after you install UO, install Razor, and select "UO Gamers: Demise" from the drop-down box where it says to select a server. Click "OK" then it should open up UO for you. Then you just enter an account name and password to create one and start playing.

My in-game name is "Corwin McNotty"

Also, don't take the McNotty name please--my brothers and I kinda all take the same last name in the game because...well...we're brothers :)

Let me know if you have any questions! Also, Razor is a lot like UO Assist--if you're old school like me, you're more familiar with UO Assist, but the principal is the same. It beats the crap out of creating macros for hours in-game.

Ultima Online was my best experience online ever... It was so great because it isn't based on items, gear or rank..

The game went downhill as soon as Trammel was implemented. EA eventually bought the game and completely dismantled it.

I remember playing for the first time way back in the day on a 14.4 dial-up. Ever since I was lured outside of town just to get pk'd as a noobie I was hook.. I made my fortune in the game by camping out our a decaying house and when it fell, I got a full chest of vanq weapons!! This was way before items had modifiers and stuff like that.

I made it to college and it was the best thing in the world. I had a T1 connection and 98% of everyone else was on dial-up. I could run laps around ppl..

I remember I had 3 7xGM characters I played with

FeNiX - Mage/Healer

Tom Delong - mace/healer

Jimmy Pop - mage/theif - lol their was nothing like stealing something from someone, they attack you because they aren't expecting you to be a mage and they end up getting owned...

I've been following darkfall since I heard about it a long time ago. I'm getting it the day it comes out and hiding in my room that weekend..