So long, Hellgate London

Unclean

You won't be able to play online anymore. But you can still play offline.

Date Thu, 18 Dec 2008 12:42 AM

From hellgate-mailer@hellgatelondon.com

To unclean@fastmail.net

Subject Hellgate: London Server Closure Advisory

Please be advised that NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. will continue to support customers of Hellgate: London with online server support and play through January 31, 2009. In a further gesture of support, we will provide this server support free of charge to all fans and players of the game up until the shut down date.

All of us at NAMCO BANDAI Games America Inc. appreciate your enthusiasm for Hellgate: London and look forward to providing you with future entertainment products.

For questions regarding the shut down or additional information about Hellgate: London, please visit the game’s official website at www.hellgatelondon.com.

Thanks you,

Namco Bandai Games America Inc.

They announced this months ago but only sent the emails out to subs this past week.

I gave my account to Mini-Me weeks ago.

It really goes to show that traditional MMO's pretty much need the persistent world to draw in gamers, one of the major flaws with HGL that I found.

Oh yeah and that sniping was generally broken, can't forget that little flaw.

You did get Fallout 3 right Unclean? It's like 100x better then Hellgate, but man I do wish Fallout had persistent multiplayer...would be so cool!

No... I'm so behind right now! I just bought Crysis... :P

So what do you like most about Fallout 3?

it looks like they are just trying to throw up start up MMO's together to bring in monthly revenue. Once they realize it takes a quality game to get people to pay that $15 a month it was to late and to many ppl had already quit.

Graphics dont make or break a game, its all about the gameplay. http://www.uoherald.com/news/ 10+ years and UO can still afford to keep their servers up with ppl paying $12.99 a month.

• 2 weeks later...
You did get Fallout 3 right Unclean? It's like 100x better then Hellgate, but man I do wish Fallout had persistent multiplayer...would be so cool!

No... I'm so behind right now! I just bought Crysis... :P

So what do you like most about Fallout 3?

Oh man that's a tuffy, so much to like about it. I'm already at 44 hours into my second game, beat it the fist time in 37 i think.

Best thing I like about it is the world is huge and highly detailed. You don't have to walk far to find something interesting, there is so many places to be explored.