Darkfall

NOFX

I also want to add that right now noone knows what it will be like once people start getting into the upper skills. I haven't even met anyone who has enough greater magic to even buy the newbie elemental magic.

As the game is now there is no specific class to play. You better pick up everything or you will be gimp. You want to use melee, bow and magic. although magic isn't that great now, I'm betting the higher levels will rock.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is no stealing in the game.. You can easily make a living crafting if you want. You just gotta be careful of people running around killing herb gathers, miners and lumberjacks.

I got 2 hours worth of iron ore off a farmer yesterday :)

There is no insta-death. You can always sprint a good distance away before you are killed by another player, so farm near the newbie towns and you should always be able to make it back in range of the guard towers..

With that said, there are a few places in game that has guard towers, the starting cities.. and a few wilderness banks close to the starter cities, everywhere else you have no protection.

Unless you plan on becoming a master craftsman to make GM gear, I find it to be tedious and a waste of time. We have a person in the clan who can make gear, so all I have to do is bring him the raw materials. I can farm for a couple of hours to get them. Or I can venture into the mainland and kill a farmer..

• 5 months later...
(edited)

I'm still playing and having a blast.. Guild seiges are sweet. You need a very fast processor to handles the 100-200+ people on your screen.

It's not your same run of the mill MMO that has been released ever since UO. There is no selecting someone and auto targeting. To me, this is a 3D verion of old school UO. I've been playing since beta and they have made some huge improvements. This week they are coming out with a patch that is supposed to allow up to magic gains 6x faster. Currently, it takes a very long time to gain. Housing has been implemented with more spots to come.

So far it's only gotten better.

Edited by .fx

I'm still playing and having a blast.. Guild seiges are sweet. You need a very fast processor to handles the 100-200+ people on your screen.

It's not your same run of the mill MMO that has been released ever since UO. There is no selecting someone and auto targeting. To me, this is a 3D verion of old school UO. I've been playing since beta and they have made some huge improvements. This week they are coming out with a patch that is supposed to allow up to magic gains 6x faster. Currently, it takes a very long time to gain. Housing has been implemented with more spots to come.

Ah, yeah now that you mention it I think it was a hardware concern that turned me off...

(edited)

Ah, yeah now that you mention it I think it was a hardware concern that turned me off...

Early beta no more than 2-4 fps. I was in the very first seige. Now it's up to about 30fps with my c2d@2.8Ghz. Normal gameplay and smaller scale skirmishes 10 ppl or so. I never drop below 70. Most of the time I'm around 125. You just need the cpu power for the seiges. The i7's don't seem to have alot of trouble. It's more CPU dependent than video card. I'm betting a 8800GT will run the game the same as my ATI 4870.

Edited by .fx