Concerts - Love em or Hate em?

Guest TeKNiK

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I know that I LOVE going to a concert. There is nothing better than going to a live show for a band. The energy is unreal and also the chance to meet tons of new people and interact with many.

However, I know a couple of people that hate going to concerts. It gets very tiring and sometimes things get WAY out of control and I even know people whom have gotten hurt.

Post up whether you love em or hate em. As well as post up concerts you have been too. Start new threads for concerts you are going to be attending and people will post their opinions and hopefully we'll get a review when the concert is over.

Been to myself. 3 Metallica (pre 1998)

4 KoRn (98 and later)

Hope to goto a Linkin Park very soon.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

AHHH!!! KILLER STOLE THE WORST AVATAR!!

I can only imagine a few things better in this world than going to see a band play live.

I have only done a few things that are better. Concerts...there's just something primal about getting in a large group of people and groovin on tunes that you love.

Chief

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

live concerts are the best way to enjoy music, you get the feel of the fans moving up and down to the music, hopefully the positive vibes of everyone, and just groove.

been to 4+ 311 concerts

3 dave mathew bands

and about 6 or 7 other misc concerts where the bands aren't worth naming, though they are popular bands

Oh man I dont think you shoulda asked me to post every one but you asked for it so here goes... Metallica twice, Rob Zombie twice(once with White Zombie and then solo), Ozzfest first year with Ozzy, Manson, Sepultera, Pantera, and Type O Negative, Manson two other times, Megadeth(terrible concert), Bush, No doubt, Seven Mary Three, Bon Jovi(Slippery when wet tour), Michael Jackson(Bad tour) Vanilla Ice and MC Hammer :), 311 and Sugar Ray, The Offspring, Vandels, Spinderella, Primus, Rolling Stones, Korn, Jurassic 5, The Pharcyde, and that's all that I can think of right now. I know i'm missing a ton but cant think right now.

Now on to DJ's I've seen perform at raves or clubs. Donald Glaude, Qbert, Micro, Baby Ann, Robert Miles, Radar and Z-trip, DJ Tiesto, Simply Jeff, Bad Boy Bill, Richard Humpty Vizion, Skribble, Rob Vaughn, Carl Cox, Diesel Boy, Optical, Aphrodite, Ed Rush, DJ Dan, Danny the Wildchild, DJ Mia, and I'm beginning to draw blanks. There are more dj's I'm missing than concerts but I cant think of them right now. To put it simply I partied at raves and or clubs from 95-2000 and will still hit one up now if the dj is worth seeing. I'll add more as I remember them because I know I will.

Music concerts rock...but the worst thing that ever happened to me at a concert...I got lifted and carried to the front where all the people dropped my head right into a rail bar...I was out of it for awhile. I think that was a Linkin Park concert, but seriously...I don't remember.

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

Justin must be a poor man after seeing all of those. But god darn Justin, I didn't know you saw all of those.

Concerts are awesome, and they remind you about where you have been when 2 days later your ears are still ringing. B) I have a few bands that I would suggest seeing and never missing - Linkin Park (awesome awesome shows) Disturbed (whole lotta energy) and Greenwheel (energy and emotion to equal a bands lifetime of concerts just in one show!)

Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guest TeKNiK
Guests

I have seen disturbed live before. They played with KoRn the last show I went to. Great energy your right. I reccomend along with KoRn B) .

I love going to concerts. Back when I was in high school, and the third wave of ska was really popular, I went to about 2 concerts a week. I've seen many live shows, lets see: I've seen Lollapalooza (sp?) twice, Primus twice, The toasters 4 times, The pietasters 4 times, warped tour once, and several local acts from the Cincinnati area.