Fatty

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

/rank

oh sry not in cs now

Fatty Posted on Apr 5 2003, 10:02 AM

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...the number of times an individual types /rank somewhat indicates how much they care about the team.

very true Fatty. Just the other day, I typed '/rank' & '/top15' and was called a "stat wh@#e. Heck, I'm just a nOOb and wanted to see what it did.

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

hrmm well lets see...

/rank= what ur rank is

/top15=the best 15 people in the server

help ya?

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

your snappy snappy on replying

:=

Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guest SiLvEr BuLLeT
Guests

BAZURKER!!!!!!!!!

if you reply 1 more time withen a minute

JEESH!

o0o

What's the point in having a feature if someone will catch flak for using it. I see nothing "statwhorish" with checking them, however, when you end up typing it every five or so minutes I think it's time you checked yourself into hoes-r-us.

I still don't know whether there's any real significance to it at all. Wish it just didn't show up in chat. <makes a note> Doesn't really need to be there. Especially if you get flak for using it. Gonna have to work on making it not show up to others when you type it.

I get rather disappointed in the teamplay with some

community members. Many do use teamwork, but

some people just dont care, and after a few rounds

and you see them use /statsme , you really know

what they are playing for. Save the selfish play for

the fun maps B)

:ph34r:

GC Founder
What's the point in having a feature if someone will catch flak for using it. I see nothing "statwhorish" with checking them, however, when you end up typing it every five or so minutes I think it's time you checked yourself into hoes-r-us.

I don't think the people that type it once in a while are who I'm talking about.

And, linch is right, which is why we have zero stats type things on Meritocracy. We've even debated about whether it's a good idea to have the web stats for that server, but it's nice to browse anyways.

GC Founder
...the number of times an individual types /rank somewhat indicates how much they care about the team.

Anyways, I was just tossing this up for conversation. So, let me give you my ranking system that I've come up with.

/rank use:

0 times / map: Don't care, pure team player.

1-2 times / map: Don't really care, more novelty.

3-4 times / map: A bit obsessed. He probably won't sacrifice himself for you.

5-6 times / map: More obsessed. Most likely won't sacrifice himself for the cause.

7-10 times / map: This guy hides most of the time, waiting to kill the ones you wounded.

11+ times / map: Most likely shows up only on iceworld.

1 time / round: Go away. <_<:lol:

Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guest Smoke
Guests

thats ridiculous, if u wanna know how someone cares about their team look at how they play, not how often they check their rank/stats :ph34r:

You know what would be nice, if at all possible. Loose the player rankings,

and keep just the weapon stats so users can check their improvement of

weapons... I like to occasionaly check fun stats like knife and nade kills and

defuse/hostage attempts. I doubt that can be done, but I guess it doesn't

hurt to suggest it. On a side note about Meritocracy, I really enjoy playing

there when we get some people in there. Teamplay is forced, and I almost

always play better when I know my teammates have my back and are

communicating.

:ph34r:

GC Founder
thats ridiculous, if u wanna know how someone cares about their team look at how they play, not how often they check their rank/stats :ph34r:

It's only rediculous if you really choose to actually use my little amusing post as a serious gauge.

Yes linch, you're right on about Meritocracy, and that's what it's all about.

GC Founder

Also, it's obvious many others feel this way about the type of game we get going in Meri. The last couple days the traffic has picked up. I just got done playing about 6 straight matches in there. Very nice.

SAY NO TO THE SKUNK!

The irony I've seen is that two times in the past 3 days I've tried to connect to Meri, the team play server, only to see a DM map. :o Those need taken outta the cycle.

GC Founder

When it's 2 on 1, we do that pretty much to pass the time while we wait for people. After we've got 6 or more, we do it up. No irony, just can't do a good team game until the teams form. Also, they're not in the cycle. :ph34r:

Well for the most part unless its at Meritocracy its a public server, so really if someone would rather not play the game for what it is and be a stat whore, in my opinion let it be..Thats why i play on meritocracy whenever possible :P