CPU temp is too hight!?

Sedah

(edited)

okay, sry for the many post ive been putting up but; the rest of my stuff finally came in yesterday...so decided to assembly it and get it working.

problem is, or IF it is one, my cpu temp is too high...IDLE temp Im gettin is 53-57 then when I play Source, it goes up to 64-67.

is it suppoe to be that high or did i messed up on something?

cpu is the I7 920 btw. ; using the cooler that came with it for now.

also used the arctic mx-2 thermal paste...and yes, i did take out the stock paste off the cooler before I used the antec.

anyone kno why its like that?

EDIT***and the specs are

evga x58sli mobo

i7 920 , using the stock cooler

nvidia gtx260

using antec 900 two case

and using the stock fans plus an extra antec fan for the side panel

Edited by Sedah

Odds are you don't have a solid connection between the heatsink and the processor. When you removed the stock paste, how did you clean it before putting the arctic paste on?

jus used some alcohol and a cloth....but i managed to fix it =)

seemed it had a abit more of paste than needed. so i cleaned and reapplied and it went down by 20dgrs ...

btw, i found this cpu does run hot. but mostly when overclocked. ;)

how hott? O.o

well, i'll probably get an aftermarket cooler soon so probably get it down some more, hopefully around 15-20 idle...it idles at 35 right nowv

how hott? O.o

well, i'll probably get an aftermarket cooler soon so probably get it down some more, hopefully around 15-20 idle...it idles at 35 right nowv

how cold is your house? if you want to idle around 15-20 then you'll be sitting in 10c temps... after market cooler won't help your idle at stock much. but it sure will cool it better oc'ed.

how hott? O.o

how cold is your house? if you want to idle around 15-20 then you'll be sitting in 10c temps... after market cooler won't help your idle at stock much. but it sure will cool it better oc'ed.

our place is pretty chill, got the AC runnin all day; then again the case has 6fans in em runnin at med speed. so keepin em cool....runs around 35-36 while browsing/listinin to music and gets to about 40-43 playing counterstrike....idle mode, it sits at 30-32.