fresh meat, I mean beer

bushwack

Either of you guys find the anniversary edition of Guinness? This year marks the 250th anniversary of St. Arthur's founding of the brewery at St. James Gate and they're selling a slightly different version of the stout. Worth looking for in your local stores.

Either of you guys find the anniversary edition of Guinness? This year marks the 250th anniversary of St. Arthur's founding of the brewery at St. James Gate and they're selling a slightly different version of the stout. Worth looking for in your local stores.

Yeah, i've seen it, the Giant Eagle near Fatty's house had some out there, but I haven't tried it yet, have you?

I was drinking quite a bit of Guiness, but my belly has paid the price....I needed to switch to a light beer...once I shed a few pounds, i'll allow myself some more Guiness....in moderation of course :)

everything in this thread that isn't related to Guinness is wrong. There should not even be a debate here.

This thread is now dedicated to Guinness and other beers that are ACTUALLY BEER and are actually good.

You should of just stuck with the Gusiness and never drank malt liquor especially after drinking such good beer.

Other good beers to try these specifically come from the UP are KBC Lift Bridge Brown, KBC Red Jacket, or KBC Pick Axe Blonde. Though I think you can only get these beers in MI. These are all made by Keweenaw Brewing Company. My favorite is the Red Jacket.

I finished off a 6pk of Guinness Friday and thought I would top it off with one of these Nighthawks. It tasted like liquid meat byproduct. Heads up if you like bacon fat and beer. :crazy:

I have to be missing something here...you drank what after Guinness? Malt liquor? ARE THERE NO LAWS DOWN THERE?

Yeah after downing the 6pk I lost my better beer judgment. :freak3:

Honestly that was the first good beer I've had in a couple months. When ya trying to stretch your monnies it makes more sense to pick up a case of cheap stuff from walmart when it cost about as much as a good 6pk, ya know? Oh yeah, it made the Guinness that much better. :)

Yeah, i've seen it, the Giant Eagle near Fatty's house had some out there, but I haven't tried it yet, have you?

I was drinking quite a bit of Guinness, but my belly has paid the price....I needed to switch to a light beer...once I shed a few pounds, i'll allow myself some more Guiness....in moderation of course :)

I had a 6 pack of the anniversary stout. Very good. Somewhere between the Extra stout and the Pub Draught. Not as heavy as the Extra, but without the widget that gives the Pub Draught it's creaminess. Very worthwhile, I'll have to pick up some more next time I'm down at the store.

As for the malt liquor, I gave that up while still in college. *shudder*

The one good(?) thing about malt liqueur is that after the first gulp or 2 your taste buds are so shot that the rest of it doesn't taste that bad.

After much deliberation, I have come to the conclusion that this is in fact not a good thing. :lol2:

I found it at Hy-Vee (a midwest IL/IA/MS store) Bought one bottle, chilled and had...Nothing super special...slightly more bitey than our normal revered Guinness.

I was drinking quite a bit of Guiness, but my belly has paid the price....I needed to switch to a light beer...once I shed a few pounds, i'll allow myself some more Guiness....in moderation of course :)

Actually, I believe Guinness is around 4.5% alc. and only 196 cal/16oz...so that is not much different from a 144 cal/12oz Budweiser...

Actually, I believe Guinness is around 4.5% alc. and only 196 cal/16oz...so that is not much different from a 144 cal/12oz Budweiser...

See? Good tasting, and good for you. Maybe it was all the chicken wings and pizza you had to go with the Guinness. ;)