Of Mice and Grip Types

lousiest

(edited)

How do you guys hold your mice?

huh? lol confused, I use my pinky for mouse1 and middle finger for the side buttons kkee jk :spin2: ....I use my 1st finger for m1 and mwheel, and middle for m2, thumb for side buttons [im right handed]

Edited by Sedah

MX518 mouse here. I rest my hand on it, anything else and the tendinitis flares up fierce. Also use index finger for m1 and wheel, middle finger for m2 and salutes, and thumb for the thumb buttons naturally. :)

This...I did the claw just to get an idea of what you were talking about and my hand cramped up...

I have a G5, teh tilt scroll wheel was worth the extra $5 over the 518. If I had it all over to do again I would pick up a G3, the G5 still seems a little bulky to me even after several months.

I tried a Razor a few years ago and took it back to the store after a couple days, for some reason it was uncomfortable as hell and I kept accidentally right clicking. I think they designed the mouse for you to put your middle finger over the wheel. Is that what your calling "the claw"?

When I had a smaller Logitech I used a cross between the 2 grip types more leaning toward the claw style. A small mouse is easy to move with your finger tips and I kinda prefer it. With a G5 or 518 you have to palm it pretty much. I went from a old 2 button 800dpi standard mouse to the G5 and my aim in shooters has not improved any, even after several months. It's all down hill from here... :)

Edited by bushwack

I use a cross between the 2 grip types like bushwack. My palm rests on the mouse, but my fingers aren't flush against it. My fingers are raised like the claw, but they are not that high off of the mouse like in that picture dweezil posted. I use a Logitech MX518 like some of the other guys here.

• 2 weeks later...

Finally ended up buying the Logitech G9 since it had interchangeable grips - since I have small hands, I removed the grips and found it to be the best fit :biglaugha:

Friend of mine had the MX518. Tried it and found it to be too big for me (like my current G5).

Thanks all for your feedback.

Finally ended up buying the Logitech G9 since it had interchangeable grips - since I have small hands, I removed the grips and found it to be the best fit :biglaugha:

Friend of mine had the MX518. Tried it and found it to be too big for me (like my current G5).

Thanks all for your feedback.

nice, how much did you get it for? i see one goin for 55$ brand new shipped.