Looking at Laptops

Primus

Ok, I'm not looking for a gaming LT per say. Here is what I'm looking for:

Decent CPU

at least 2 gigs of ram

decent HDD -- size wise

graphics enough to play at least COD4, ergo if it will play that it will play CSS

That's really about it, I don't need anything to beefy, oh ya, is it possible to stay under $1000 with this.?

I know you guys can come up with something, I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL!!! :D

That refurbed Mac has the typical one year warranty on it like a new Mac would. It is the newer model meaning it looks really slick. It also can run Mac OS and Windows. And the graphics capabilities of the newer Mac's are pretty decent.

Maverick' date='25 August 2009 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1251223656' post='473060']

Yes, but this $999 ASUS has better specs, a better warranty, and isn't refurbished.....hmmmm...I wonder which I'd buy.... :shrug03:

Not real tough: buy the new one with more power :)

I tossed out the possibility of getting a Mac for much less than the normal cost. Yeah, the Asus is nice if you want a straight up gaming laptop. The OP said however that he wasn't looking for specifically a gaming laptop. He now has options and can decide from there.

I wasn't intentionally dissing Macs, they're very good machines...however, they're overpriced. That isn't even ASUS's gaming line of laptops, it's just a fairly loaded system for just under $1,000, and it's new and has a better warranty.

I don't see why you'd buy a system with less power, that has been refurbished, and has a worse warranty in all honesty...unless you absolutely HAD to have the Mac OS, which wouldn't be that great for playing the few games he does want to play. :)

And with that, I am stepping out of the discussion before starting yet another Mac Vs. PC flame war :peace: