Looking at Laptops

Primus

Ok, I'm not looking for a gaming LT per say. Here is what I'm looking for:

Decent CPU

at least 2 gigs of ram

decent HDD -- size wise

graphics enough to play at least COD4, ergo if it will play that it will play CSS

That's really about it, I don't need anything to beefy, oh ya, is it possible to stay under $1000 with this.?

I know you guys can come up with something, I BELIEVE IN YOU ALL!!! :D

Maverick' date='25 August 2009 - 02:07 PM' timestamp='1251223656' post='473060']

Yes, but this $999 ASUS has better specs, a better warranty, and isn't refurbished.....hmmmm...I wonder which I'd buy.... :shrug03:

Not real tough: buy the new one with more power :)

I tossed out the possibility of getting a Mac for much less than the normal cost. Yeah, the Asus is nice if you want a straight up gaming laptop. The OP said however that he wasn't looking for specifically a gaming laptop. He now has options and can decide from there.

I wasn't intentionally dissing Macs, they're very good machines...however, they're overpriced. That isn't even ASUS's gaming line of laptops, it's just a fairly loaded system for just under $1,000, and it's new and has a better warranty.

I don't see why you'd buy a system with less power, that has been refurbished, and has a worse warranty in all honesty...unless you absolutely HAD to have the Mac OS, which wouldn't be that great for playing the few games he does want to play. :)

And with that, I am stepping out of the discussion before starting yet another Mac Vs. PC flame war :peace: